Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Problem with WiFi loosing connection

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Problem with WiFi loosing connection
    Hey,

Version 1.1.2
    Jailbroken
    AT&T Network

Recently I have been loosing my wifi connections while on unlocked networks. My home network which is password protected seems to stay connected all of the time. But when I'm out at a friends house using a unsecured network my phone seems to prefer the edge network over the free wifi.

Is there any reason for this, I can't seem to find any other threads similar to this, I haven't had this issue until a few days ago. Any Ideas or solutions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    -Jesse

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Well, same over here. Updated 1.1.2, jailbroken + unlocked loosing recently open network connections over wifi.

If anyone has a suggestion... it's appreciated.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Strangely I have had the other issues. Networks that are protected (like my home network) randomly drop me. Don't know what is up. This just started happening on my 1.1.2 OTB phone (using turbosim if that matters). As soon as I remove the pw protection on the router I can surf via iphone as much as I want.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Same over here. Suddenly this problem appeared. Any programs that could have caused this?

since updating to 1.1.2 my iphone is extremely slow connection to my home wifi network, and at other times cant connect. Actually...thats not true, cause it shows the status as connected...but when i try to refresh sources or download updates or new apps it fails.

any ideaS?

just an update....

i found that by turning off -jumbo frame support on my linksys wrt350n, i was able to connect and speeds are back to normal. its a tad slower on my laptop and such...but at least i can update my apps and such now.

not sure if thats the problem or not...or if it was just a lucky coincidnce