Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: My Trip to the Apple Store...crap

Banned
    Thanks

Default My Trip to the Apple Store...crap
    So I have a broken phone i messed up while virginizing. So i go to the apple store and try to swap it out for a refurbished one and the "genius" (it looked like he was high) said that i needed an AT&T sim to get it swapped out. Well I have tmobile. Of course I didnt tell him that but i couldn't get me a new phone. So now i have a bricked iphone (not my personel one...i was planning on selling this one) and i just got out smarted by a Apple genius. I feel like an idiot. Anyway, just let me tell everybody here that is planning on doing this one day...have a friend that has AT&T and use his account or just say u could never get it activated. Or if u have an AT&T account ur a lucky kid

Thanks

how much you want for it bricked

Did they record your number or can you just take it back again w/ an AT&T sim card?

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Just buy a sim card online... how hard is that? Costs 15 bucks! And logically they are going to want everything the phone came with in order to swap it out for you... They do have just the hadsets in unmarked white boxes, but obviously they come with a sim card pre installed.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Green Apple
    Thanks

1800MYIPHONE

Warranty service is not dependent on at&t activation.

https://selfsolve.apple.com/GetWarranty.do

I have successfully received a warranty replacement for 6 of my buyers.

Thanks

i'd say just buy a sim card off ebay too, or couldn't you just have told them you put your sim card in another phone cause your iphone was bricked

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gu014 View Post
    1800MYIPHONE

Warranty service is not dependent on at&t activation.

https://selfsolve.apple.com/GetWarranty.do

I have successfully received a warranty replacement for 6 of my buyers.
    I don't think the issue was that he didn't have ATT activation. they just wanted the original ATT sim card back. I exchanged a phone within the first week when I saw a dead pixel and just told them that I never activated. Once they saw the pixel they had no issues replacing (I am speaking APPLE store btw). Will this site you speak of replace a broken phone even without a sim card inside?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    I don't think the issue was that he didn't have ATT activation. they just wanted the original ATT sim card back. I exchanged a phone within the first week when I saw a dead pixel and just told them that I never activated. Once they saw the pixel they had no issues replacing (I am speaking APPLE store btw). Will this site you speak of replace a broken phone even without a sim card inside?
    This site i speak of is APPLE.

Yes, they send you a return box via FedEX overnight. You put your iPhone in the box, WITHOUT THE SIM card, and send it back (again, overnight shipping).

They then send you back a factory activated iPhone without a sim card.

The whole process is about 3 days.

https://support.apple.com/repairstat...HZWH8&submit=1
    Last edited by gu014; 2008-01-21 at 03:55 AM.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xxiii View Post
    i'd say just buy a sim card off ebay too, or couldn't you just have told them you put your sim card in another phone cause your iphone was bricked
    i did tell them that...but they said they were gunna "soft activate" the phone and they needed an ATT sim...but i put they ATT sim in tha came with the phone