Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone Backup and Shift+Restore???

Default iPhone Backup and Shift+Restore???
    Hey guys, first off, thanks for helpin me throughout these couple of weeks with all your answers! Anyways...

Alrite, first I would like to know, does the iTunes iPhone backup backup EVERY single thing on my iPhone 3G? I'm just worried about contacts mostly...

Secondly, if I pwn my iPhone and then shift+restore into the new custom firmware I create, do I lose everything? If I do, and I do restore from backup in iTunes, will I get everything back to how it was, with the new jailbroken firmware??? Thanks!

-PolishDemon

Sorry for the double post (SORRY MODS!), but I would REALLY appreciate an answer...I would really like to jailbreak my iPhone TODAY, but there's no way I will until I get an answer.
    Last edited by polishdemon; 2008-07-29 at 11:20 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    You, sir, have been PWNED.
    Have I helped you at all? GIVE ME SOME LOVE, sry, I mean thanks...
    And remember, wear your seatbelt, don't run with scissors, and drink milk. Have a nice day!
    Apple Style Logo Battery
    MGS "!" Alert Custom Text Sound
    Two MGS Ringtones

the backup backs all settings ups, contacts and sms included. when you install the new firmware it will be a clean install meaning everything will be wiped. when you get the new install complete, itunes will ask you if you want to set it up as a new iphone or use one of the backups to restore the settings. obviouslt you will restore and all your settings will be there when the syncing is done!

Thanks for that! I guess I will be jailbreaking soon, as soon as WinPwn 2.5 comes out!
    You, sir, have been PWNED.
    Have I helped you at all? GIVE ME SOME LOVE, sry, I mean thanks...
    And remember, wear your seatbelt, don't run with scissors, and drink milk. Have a nice day!
    Apple Style Logo Battery
    MGS "!" Alert Custom Text Sound
    Two MGS Ringtones