Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Network Lost

Default Network Lost
    Hi there. I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction... I'm using a 1st gen 8gb iphone unlocked/jailbroken 2.0 for t-mobile. Everything works great and i'm very grateful for all the info you guys have provided; however, i run deliveries during the day and often go into buildings where there is no cellular service. i'll be waiting for my customer and playing poker or something and i get a pop-up telling me that the network is lost. It's very annoying. is there any way in 2.0 to get rid of that popup? I've tried searching the forums for a solution and it's not coming up for me. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. and also, is there any way to remove the At&t option from the carriers?

thank you,
    Whiskey-Fox

Thanks

When you go into a building, turn on Airplane mode.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

what does airplane mode do? appreciate it!

Thanks

Airplane mode shuts off your radio (phone), EDGE and bluetooth. Basically anything that uses a wireless connection.

ok, got that! was just reading that in the owners manual... seems you can turn wifi on still... but otherwise, is there a way to stop the network lost popup?

Thanks

I don't think there is a way otherwise, if there's no radio signal, the phone will just keep trying until it finds one. After all, that's what its suppose to do.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Eurisko For This Useful Post:

WhiskeyFox (2008-07-30)

well, i did what was suggested as far as putting it into "automatic" mode, and i did not get the pop up all day long thanks again for all the help