Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: itunes 7.6 very slow

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Default itunes 7.6 very slow
    A few days ago I upgraded itunes from 7.5 to 7.6 . While 7.5 was running smoothly 7.6 seems to use a lot (and I mean a whole lot) more of my system's resources. Even when I'm not playing music and am not using the cover flow view it often freezes for a few seconds .
    I'm using an athlon XP1900+ with one gig of ram, running on xp sp2. In my opinion this should be enough power to run an elevated mp3-player

Does anyone have the same experiences? or did something go wrong during the upgrade and should I do a fresh install of 7.6 instead of the upgrade.

thx in advance

grts,

Tom
    Last edited by Tommer; 2008-01-20 at 02:37 AM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Sidetalker's Avatar
    Thanks

You should do a fresh install. I haven't had any slowness.
    For Help
    Private Message, Email, or AIM
    (My response time might be a little long)

GUIDES:
    Expect more when I find something guide-worthy.
    PM me and let me know if you need one.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    ok thx, I tried that now, but it's still the same

any other suggestions?

Same thing and im on a top of the line computer that I just built. Seems the newest version is much more demanding...as I drag it around my desktop I can see my little RAM meters go crazy.

I mean its not terrible, but def more demanding imo.

it's not that much more demanding. i have an overclocked e6600 @ 3.8ghz and a pair of 1gb stick overclocked ram and it's running fine and smooth.

On my other computer ( PC ) itunes is also very slow. But isnt 7.6 not recommended for an unlocked or jailbroken iphone ?

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 388 View Post
    Same thing and im on a top of the line computer that I just built. Seems the newest version is much more demanding...as I drag it around my desktop I can see my little RAM meters go crazy.

I mean its not terrible, but def more demanding imo.
    Noticed the same thing here; the old itunes used 47mb of memory with peaks to around 70mb, the new one starts at 70+ and has peaks that go over 115mb.
    What new features justify this kind of memory usage? it's an mp3-player with a sync feature, that's all I use it for..

Quote Originally Posted by nkoul_96 View Post
    On my other computer ( PC ) itunes is also very slow. But isnt 7.6 not recommended for an unlocked or jailbroken iphone ?
    no, why? works fine with my iphone
    I upgraded to 7.6 because of the drag 'n drop feature, if only I had known..

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

I guess it might be the movie-rentals thing. Since a can't justify paying just about the same for a digital movie rental as I would for the actual disc (and I don't travel, at least not via plane, train, or any other device that I am not personally operating, so for me there is no reason to watch movies on a 3 millimeter screen). make a long story a little bit shorter, I had no reason to update to 7.6 If you don't like it, just downgraded. Aside from movie rentals, you aren't missing anything.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I totally agree with you so 7.6 goes in the bin

thx for the replies