Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: MobileSafari has disappeared

Unhappy MobileSafari has disappeared
    I'm an iphone & modmyi newbie so apologies if I am not in the right place. Interfacing with OS X Tiger (10.4.12) on a MackBook Pro.

Bought an iphone 3g last week and am slowly finding my way around, but somewhere between then & now, I have lost my Mobile Safari icon. I took it off the 'fixed' toolbar at the bottom of the screen, because I was not planning on a great deal of browsing by iphone, and I THOUGHT it was nicely tucked away on the 2nd Home page. Not anymore.

Given that it is a native app & Apple at that, I thought I should be able to download a fresh copy from Apple Downloads - NO, or iTunes Store - also no.

After feeling my way around MMi for most of today, I did find an archive of applications, from which I extracted a copy of MobileSafari, no version number given, but dated 27 May 2007. So I tried uploading that, figuring that once it was installed, it would update - no joy. It shows on iTunes, under Applications, but not on the iphone.
    So I tried copying it to the iphone using PhoneView, which dropped it nicel into a folder called PublicStaging, but still can't see the icon on the screen.
    So I tried a backup & restore, but I suspect that my re-install of the backup just overwrote the restore. I didn't want to not re-install my backup, because I wasn't sure if that would lose me my downloads.

So I am at the stage now of needing some help.

An ideas anyone?

Cheers, Simon

well for what i can get on what you are talking about of MobileSafari has disappeared right? {1} find a MobileSafari for FW 2.0 on the web download it.
    {2} just restore your iphone and start all over.

try looking in RapidShare: Easy Filehosting
    Last edited by relicwqa; 2008-07-29 at 08:45 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    life as a bootlegger

check that in settings, you haven't restricted, switch restrictions to off. I lost my icon restricting safari. Hope that helps, was difficult to understand fully what you meant.

Quote Originally Posted by relicwqa View Post
    well for what i can get on what you are talking about of MobileSafari has disappeared right? {1} find a MobileSafari for FW 2.0 on the web download it.
    {2} just restore your iphone and start all over.

try looking in RapidShare: Easy Filehosting
    Thanks. In the end I did just do a restore.

Default Same things happed to me
    Hi,

I just bought the iphone and lost the safari icon. Realised I set restrictions and that took it off. I changed my restrictions and it's back so anyone else with this issue should turn off restrictions for a sec and check to see if it comes back before going through the trouble of resetting your phone

Thanks

-------------------------------------------------------------
    This is my place
    The world of Hyperion!