Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Non-responsive touch screen! Please HELP!

iPhone? More like MyPhone nhba74's Avatar
    Thanks

Unhappy Non-responsive touch screen! Please HELP!
    Hi everyone,

I need some help!!!!

Yesterday, I noticed that when I went into SMS (under text messages), I have a very hard time selecting the first name on the list. It seems that the screen is non-responsive to my touch. Now, when I go into Safari, I am unable to enter a url address because I can't even tap into the address bar. What is going on?

Could someone please help? PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE?

I don't want to have to restore my iphone and have to reinstall Installer. I tried resetting, turning my phone on & off, and syncing to iTunes....but nothing works!

P.S. - I'm running on 1.1.1. & on a Mac.

Thanks in advance!

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

There is no positive answer for your problem, so I will get right to it. You need to take it back to apple. The best advice I can give is to restore and try it out one last time (on a fully restored phone). Most likely this will not do anything for you. Make sure the original sim card (ATT) is installed and your phone is freshly restored before taking it back to apple. Unfortunately you will most likely end up getting a 1.1.3 phone as a replacement.

GOOD LUCK

Thanks

Default What a headache!!!!
    Thanks again for the quick reply......also on another post.

Restore it is!!!!

Now if I restore thru iTunes, will it wipe out all traces of the jailbreak to begin with? Before I take it back to Apple?

Thanks again for your help.

My iPhone is a Part of Me n0m0n's Avatar
    Thanks

Are you saying that its only the top area that is non responsive?
    Also how long have you owned this phone, meaning has it worked up till now?

If its been working for you for a while, and you have not dropped it recently, I would start to reverse install my apps.
    It very well could be a app conflict, and not hardware related.

Just my thoughts though.

I had the same exact problem. But mine was with the bottom of my screen, so I couldn't make phone calls, send messages, or nothing!!! I'm having to send my phone back to Apple (i've had it for 6 months) and after doing research, i found out that it's very common for the iPhone's screen to become unresponsive after 3-6 months of extensive use.
    -Cody

Thanks

Question How do I restore without updating to 1.1.3?
    Thanks for your help......

Everything was working fine on my phone until a couple of days ago. Today, I noticed that other parts of the screen is un-responsive as well.

Question is......how do I restore to original? Originally on 1.0.2. When I try to restore, iTunes is telling me that it would restore and update to 1.1.3. I don't want 1.1.3 because I still want to be able to use 3rd party apps on this site. So, is it better for me to restore thru iFuntastic? Since, I used it to jailbreak it?

P.s. --- my firmware shows 1.1.1 on iTunes?

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you all in advance.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

yeah if you wipe it (unless you messed with baseband) you are fine. If you did mess with baseband, look up a virginization technique.

To restore to the original you need to download the files (available through alot of browsing on apple's website, or a quick search in our forums!) Then shift click the restore button and you are good. if you are on a mac its not shift click, there is another equivalent command, I believe options or something. not sure, don't use macs