Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Needed Help! Just got an iphone and have questions..

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Needed Help! Just got an iphone and have questions..
    Ok so i was recently got two iphones. Both are non 3g and i believe have 1.1.4 firmware.. Both are apparently unlocked and ready to use.. My grandmother, go figure, asked me to buy her and my aunt an iphone.. the deal is she lives in canada half the year and thailand the other half of the year and her daughter (my aunt) lives in thailand year round.. Is there anything special i need to tell them in order for them to be able to use them in canada or thailand..? Or should i just say put in your sim and it should work... Also tell them to never upgrade firmware or it will be locked..? I just want to know what i need to tell them so that they can use thim with minimal effort to get them working.. I appreciate your help very much..

-Brady

if they are unlock they will work with any sim card worldwide, that simple.
    Don't upgrade.
    and you will need a paperclip to open the sim tray, show them how to do it!!

Thanks

Yeah it is easy to accidentally update your software by accident, itunes will ask to download and update new software it if detects newer software. Just click no or cancel to leave your phone alone.
    If I helped you out in any way, hit the Thanks Button.

iPhone? More like TyPhone

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i appreciate it very much.. thats what i was thinking but i just wanted to make sure..

thanks!! (and yes i "thanked" you guys) =)