Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Charging screen

Default Charging screen
    Well Lets start this story. i charged for my phone for 24 hours and came back and my iphone was stuck on the charging screen 1% red battery and i was thinking to myself didnt i charge this last night soo i was very worry and serch on the forum and someone told me to let the battery to die out and now it wont even charge it just keep showing me the charging 1% red battery screen . soo i thought to myself ok i'll just restore with 7.5 itune soo while trying to restore[ hold power and home button ] becasue my itune cant find my iphone soo i had to the do that . soo i got a pop to restore i press shirft+click to restore it back to 1.1.2 or 1.1.1. while it restore my iphone it shows the logo of the apple screen and the please wait sign after that it just shut down and my itune gives me an error [1604]. and yes i serched 1604 and tryed eveything another usb cable , another computer , reinstall , anything that u can think of i did it all. and now i cant restore its still stuck on the charging screen but i charged for like 2 days already and still 1% battery . soo now i need your help i love the forum becasue it helps alot of people . soo if i cant get any help i guess i'll just try to sell it on ebay . but i hope i dont have too becasue i love my iphone. and btw its a 1.1.2 otb . thanks o yea im running with window

http://img213.imageshack.us/my.php?i...0574211ze0.jpg
    Last edited by heyhanh; 2008-01-18 at 12:58 AM.

Question: Have you charged the iphone with ANYTHING other than the wall-charger the phone came with?

The reason I ask is because if you have used any other charger, maybe a charger for an Ipod, the voltage level on the charge is different, the iphone only uses 5v which is much less.

Soo, if you have then you probably fried a circuitboard and now have a hardware malfunction.

Just guessing, but if this is true - take it to Apple, they will replace the phone if it is a hardware problem

Quote Originally Posted by cpjr View Post
    Question: Have you charged the iphone with ANYTHING other than the wall-charger the phone came with?

The reason I ask is because if you have used any other charger, maybe a charger for an Ipod, the voltage level on the charge is different, the iphone only uses 5v which is much less.

Soo, if you have then you probably fried a circuitboard and now have a hardware malfunction.

Just guessing, but if this is true - take it to Apple, they will replace the phone if it is a hardware problem
    nope used the normal charger that it came with in the box and yes i went to the apple store and just when they gave me the new phone they asked if i was with at&t and i said iduno and they checked my sim card and they said too bad your not with at&t now your better of buying a new phone becasue i cant give you this replacment phone becasue your not with at&t and after he said that .. i cry really
    Last edited by heyhanh; 2008-01-18 at 12:56 AM.

Oooh, didnt realize it was unlocked. That sucks dude. I can pretty much promise you its a hardware failure of some sort, proven by the fact that they were going to replace it, most likely. And the fact it wouldnt charge.

My advice, if Apple couldnt fix it - I seriously doubt you will be able too. Might as well try to pawn it on ebay.

Oooh, didnt realize it was unlocked. That sucks dude. I can pretty much promise you its a hardware failure of some sort, proven by the fact that they were going to replace it, most likely. And the fact it wouldnt charge.

My advice, if Apple couldnt fix it - I seriously doubt you will be able too. Might as well try to pawn it on ebay.

i was wondering how much would it be for? and if its not charging then i guess its the hardware problem ok.. thanks
    Last edited by heyhanh; 2008-01-18 at 01:15 AM.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Apple can't fix sh** in the store. Even if its a software bug they pretty much just swap the phone out for a new one and repair it. Honestly, unless they got your serial number I would go someplace else and just pop the AT&T card back into the phone in case they look again. Contrary to popular belief the genius bar is NOT filled with geniuses, mostly just a bunch of high school and college kids that are apple fans that don't even know as much as a guy who spends 15 minutes actually researching forums about iphone.

Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    Apple can't fix sh** in the store. Even if its a software bug they pretty much just swap the phone out for a new one and repair it. Honestly, unless they got your serial number I would go someplace else and just pop the AT&T card back into the phone in case they look again. Contrary to popular belief the genius bar is NOT filled with geniuses, mostly just a bunch of high school and college kids that are apple fans that don't even know as much as a guy who spends 15 minutes actually researching forums about iphone.

yea i feel the same way o well i'll just try ebay now i guess