Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3g iPhone doesnt find any wifi

Default 3g iPhone doesnt find any wifi
    I hope I am not the only one experiencing issues, but I am not able to find any wifi at all on my 3gb iPhone, no matter where I am it does not see anything. I tried adjusting my setting on my router at home, even did a hard reset and nothing. Anyone know of a fix, or do I have to wait for the next firmware....? Thanks

Livin the iPhone Life SundayDuffer's Avatar
    Thanks

mine detecting wifi finely...you might have to restore and repwn.

i have restored multiple times..... i dont think I have had wifi since I bought it...

edit. I have read on other forums that people are having similar problems, hopefully the next update will fix this....
    Last edited by harryding; 2008-07-27 at 11:40 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Numberzz's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by harryding View Post
    i have restored multiple times..... i dont think I have had wifi since I bought it...

edit. I have read on other forums that people are having similar problems, hopefully the next update will fix this....
    It might not be a software problem, but a hardware problem. Go down to your Apple Store and see if they can fix. If they can't, it's a new phone for you!
    "Now everyone calm the hell down and let me think about how to clean up your mess, while you build me a monument dedicated to how awesome I am."

MacBook Pro + iPhone 3GS

I set up an appointment with a mac geek for tomorrow, or what ever they are called, hopefully its hardware lol, i gotta do a restore tonight. I was reading over on the apple forums and apparently some of the iphones have incompatible wifi chips... so it is probably a hardware issue, if any one else is having the same problem, I would suggest setting up an appointment as well.

edit. im gunna stop by a starbucks later tonight to double check to make sure its not just the wifi that i am around, cus if I can't get it at the almighty starbucks then it must be a problem with the phone.

Nice option for those who actually still have warranty. In my case, it's not a possible solution. Anyways, It's not a solution at all. It does not even point out what the problem is, they just put a new iphone in the market and cross fingers that it wont happen again.
    It's gotta be software, my guts tell me.