Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Not displaying names under apps..

Default Not displaying names under apps..
    How come it does not display the names of the apps under the icons? I just have the icons only.. no names under it.

I am running 1.1.4 with T-Mobile. I just got it yesterday from ebay.

I am basically clueless since I am new to this, lol.

EDIT:
    Just to clear something out.. on the dock.. it does say the names like Phone, Mail, Safari, Text

but the icons on top (all apps such as Photo, Maps, Weather, etc) I only have the icons.. no name under them.

An administrator can delete this thread if he/she wants. I just found out that since I have installed SpringBoard..under Advanced > Hide Icon Labels - it was turned on. I turned it off and now I can see the names under the icons.
    Last edited by astoriakidd; 2008-07-27 at 03:12 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Livin the iPhone Life SundayDuffer's Avatar
    Thanks

check your SummerBoard app...it's on your iphone springboard...click that..and you will see an option of enable/disable text icon....If you dont have Summerboard on your springboard....then check your Customize app...summerboard should be inside Customize app.

dont worry..Summerboard is there on your iphone...look for SMB icon.

Quote Originally Posted by SundayDuffer View Post
    check your SummerBoard app...it's on your iphone springboard...click that..and you will see an option of enable/disable text icon....If you dont have Summerboard on your springboard....then check your Customize app...summerboard should be inside Customize app.

dont worry..Summerboard is there on your iphone...look for SMB icon.
    OOps. I meant Summerboard in my previous post. Haha. I got it.

Thanks for the help.