Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone Sales Unethical?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default iPhone Sales Unethical?
    So since I was one of the many people that wanted a New 3G iPhone, I now question how Apple and ATT are selling the iPhone.

Is there any laws against how they are only selling the phone with a contract, lets remember Apple sold a lot of phones last time without a contract.

Um, no? They can do whatever the heck they want.

Wink Your questioning them?
    Quote Originally Posted by kensleydusen View Post
    So since I was one of the many people that wanted a New 3G iPhone, I now question how Apple and ATT are selling the iPhone.

Is there any laws against how they are only selling the phone with a contract, lets remember Apple sold a lot of phones last time without a contract.
    I think they signed a contract to sell the iPhone through ATT, then Apple made the phones. ATT is now selling them.

Hope that cleared up how they are selling the iPhone... oh, ATT takes credit cards or cash in case you were wondering how the payments were made too!

The laws can get really murky when it comes to new technology. In some countries, it's illegal to sell phones not-unlocked. But remember, Apple and AT&T are some of the biggest companies in the world, they have a lot of pull and can do almost whatever they want.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

well thanks lol It just seems that its total BS that they can get away with it, apple sells the phone, they just have the contract for the service. Apple sold 6 million phone for the 1st Gen. So why not this time.

Does anyone know of any loopholes in the rules of buying a 3G?

Also remember that we should be grateful to them for not legally making an attempt at going after, say, the iPhone dev team.

Cause whatever they do, our community undoes, so why does it really matter what they do in the first place?

:-P