Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Very Annoying problem

Default Very Annoying problem
    Ok I have had my iphone for a few months now. Im using an unlocked/Jail-Broken version of 1.1.1. I haven't had any problems until now. I usually carry my phone on my passenger seat while I drive, well I had to stop short last week and my phone landed pretty hard on the passenger side floor. Ever since then I keep getting the message "This Accessory is not made to work with iphone" even if nothing is connected. It happens almost every minute the phone screen is turned on. I am no longer able to charge it in the dock or use any other accessory that uses the dock connection other than the USB cable that came with my iphone headset. I also can not power down the unit or put it into recovery mode since it automatically restarts when i turn the power off.

Now I could go to apple and see if i could get a replacement unit but I am running 1.1.1 and No other version could be jail-broken, especially since 1.1.3 was just released

Any Help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Charlie

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Have you tried backing everything up and doing a restore? it sounds like its a hardware thing, but it's worth a try. Apple will most likely replace it, but it will also most likely be a 1.1.3 phone (minimally 1.1.2) I would try doing a restore first, I mean if worst comes to worst you will have to return it (at least you will get a working hone if if it will be locked for a while) and you would need to restore if you return it anyway, so a restore seems in your future no matter what. Hope you can fix this with a simple restore and let us know how things go!