Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Brute force 1.1.3 encryptions

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Brute force 1.1.3 encryptions
    So I read somewhere (on these forums) that it would take 5 years to brute force the encryption on this latest firmware baseband. I am assuming this is 1 pc doing the work. I know that my idea is farfetched but hear me out.

With these mathematics (1 pc takes 5 years) it would take
    1 million pcs about .6 days
    500k pcs about 1.2 days
    62k pcs about 10 days
    31k pcs about 20 days
    15k pcs about 40 days
    7k pcs about 80 days

just some quick rounding and such, i think I did it right

Now for the farfetched idea (and I am setting myself up for some fat crisitcism, but the modding community is huge, so here it goes)

What if someone provided a package for people (like me and you) to start a brute force process and we organized a bunch of people to do it. We could probably get a few thousand people willing to jump on board and some with multiple pcs as well (I know I have 2 pcs that I can set-up to run non-stop doing nothing else; yes I am aware not everyone has this luxury but still). I also know some friends that don't even own iphones that would be willing to jump on board. now this all probably sounds wayyyyy better on paper than it would actually turn out to be, but many people seem to think that this won't happen without a brute force, and a brute force wont happen simply because it can't happen due to the amount of time it would take.

Anyway, chances of setting this up with any amount of success are slim. but can anyone who knows more about encryption and coding enlighten me a bit, perhaps my idea isn't so stupid, or let me know if this is something that would never work?

It's on Digg, out of my hands now ;D

http://digg.com/apple/Apple_Iphone_B...4_6_Bootloader
    Last edited by sziklassy; 2008-01-17 at 07:51 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I think this could work out like Folding at home. Maybe someone can come up with a program of sorts that would work like that and use our collective computer power for the greater good

I would love to help in that!!!

its a great idea and i would be first in line to try it out but the truth is a project on that scale is prone to error a lot of error but hey if the software was developed right we could actually use it on future updates constanly adding to the number of user support and we could eventually put up numbers in the 100K's unless steve developes a virus to blow up your phone if you use the software! lol

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by robbpell View Post
    its a great idea and i would be first in line to try it out but the truth is a project on that scale is prone to error a lot of error but hey if the software was developed right we could actually use it on future updates constanly adding to the number of user support and we could eventually put up numbers in the 100K's unless steve developes a virus to blow up your phone if you use the software! lol
    The software would be strictly on your computer, nothing running on your phone, so there would be no issue there. Glad to see a few people getting excited about this. Sadly I am nowhere near capable enough of writing such a program. Anyone interested pm me. I could probably get some sort of funds system based on donations going to fund the project. With enough people and coordination this could work! ;D

I'd help... if possible... which hopefully it is...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CoolBito View Post
    I'd help... if possible... which hopefully it is...
    Cool man, have a handful of people, but we will need alot more than that for it to be worth it. Anyone good at coding able to help? Just reply to the post and/ or pm me

iPhone? More like MyPhone coiledserpent's Avatar
    Thanks
    i would be more than happy to help with the computing part,i have 6 running at the mo 3 desktops and 3 laptops 2 are sony vaio and the other a mackbook.
    i build and upgrade pc's for a living so i have parts laying around that would make another 3-4 desktops.

iPhone? More like MyPhone iChopPryde's Avatar
    Thanks

I would so be down for this, if this is what it will take to unlock the 113 firmware then im all for it I am not good with coding but I would totally run the software if it was made!

If I could help, I would...

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

If something like this came out, I would help as well.

I have two machines that are constantly on.

But I wonder what the likelyhood of this would actually be?

I am pretty sure the DEVS have already cracked the encryption.
    Iphone Love... I dreamed of a iphone before it was out..

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by yowiphone View Post
    I am pretty sure the DEVS have already cracked the encryption.
    They have not (not for 1.1.2+), unless for some reason they are keeping this from us. Why do I say this? Simple... all that is holding them back from downgrading the baseband is this very encryption.

BTW thanks to all who are interested. Still looking for a coder. lease digg my idea if you are registered to keep it alive and going

Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    They have not (not for 1.1.2+), unless for some reason they are keeping this from us. Why do I say this? Simple... all that is holding them back from downgrading the baseband is this very encryption.

BTW thanks to all who are interested. Still looking for a coder. lease digg my idea if you are registered to keep it alive and going
    Dude...........There just trying to decrypt the secpack the 1.1.3 secpack so they can feed it on ANYsim and then anysim will validate the 4.06 1.1.2 bootloader so then it can PATCH the baseband firmware - 04.02.13_G and WOOLAH we have our selfs an 1.1.2 OTB unlock.

Hey dude the DEVS have had the 1.1.3 IPSW for a good 4-5 weeks now.
    Iphone Love... I dreamed of a iphone before it was out..

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by yowiphone View Post
    Dude...........There just trying to decrypt the secpack the 1.1.3 secpack so they can feed it on ANYsim and then anysim will validate the 4.06 1.1.2 bootloader so then it can PATCH the baseband firmware - 04.02.13_G and WOOLAH we have our selfs an 1.1.2 OTB unlock.

Hey dude the DEVS have had the 1.1.3 IPSW for a good 4-5 weeks now.
    ok so my terminology was incorrect... we need to decrypt the secpack of 1.1.3 How does that make what I am proposing to do any different. 128 bit encryption on the secpack is what we need to crack. Like I said, I am not expert in coding, so my terminology may be incorrect but what needs to be decrypted will take the same amount of time.

Yowiphone, you're just full of Sh1t.

The secpack has 1024bit encryption, not 128bit, and this is going to take longer than you think to crack. Unless you have a direct connection with the Devs team, i also think your full of it on your assumption that the Dev's have cracked the encryption. There is no way they've done that.

Its going to take a long time. May i remind you of this:

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?p=148586

I really wish people (like yowiphone) would post with facts, not endless bull about nothing.

Unless the Dev team have contacts with some underground labs in China or Israel, there is no way their "Pentium 4" home PCs can crack 1024 bit encryption in a matter of weeks....

iPhone? More like MyPhone taylorcold's Avatar
    Thanks

The DEVS are a myth. It was a loosely organized bunch of teen hackers who got very very lucky back in August-September.

To hear some talk about them you'd think they were working on developing a software jailbreak/unlock as we speak. Its been clear to me for 7 weeks but now hopefully more of you will come to realize that there are not going to be any software unlocks.

The release of 1.1.3 was supposed to give the great DEVS the missing part of the equasion.

If you want an iPhone that works as a phone and has the firmware that is most uptodate, get a Hyper_Next_Any_Turbo_sim. Even if it isnt a "true" unlock, it actually lets you use the phone.

There are no DEVS guys. The all went off to do something that was possible.

Thanks

Well apparently its all been done, secpack has been extracted and the hard unlock is available. hopefully this means soft unlock will be available soon. What I was proposing to do is a moot point now.

unlock != jailbreak

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast