Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Minimum amount of disk space on OS partition to run smoothly

Default Minimum amount of disk space on OS partition to run smoothly
    I have installed many third party apps and it seems that sometimes my phone chugs through menus, etc.

What is the recommended minimum amount of disk space needed on the phone to have it run perfectly smooth?

Im down to 23 megs on my OS partition after having moved the apps, ringtones, ANd the wallpapers.

Any advice?

Has anyone successfully increased the Os partition size?

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

you don't actually increase the size, you just transfer wallpaper, ringtones, or apps (or all) to the ipod partition. I recommend about 10% free space (so thats 30mb) If its running smoothly now, probably nothing to worry about. If you plan on installing more, I would look into bosstools to utilize the rest of the space

You should be OK. If the phone is slow in responsiveness it could be due to something you have installed that's constantly running sucking down CPU power.
    -BigBoss
    Please do not send me messages here as I never check them. If you need to contact me, send me an email. My contact info is easy to find from inside Cydia.

well I changed the location of the ringtones and wallpaper which gave me a little bit more room, but im still down to 23mb. I could uninstall perl, but I like having that option.

I will have to live with it.

Just to verify though, no one has been able to resize the iphone partitions yet have they?

Ie make the OS partition 400mb instead of the default 300?

Thanks for the quick replys guys
    Last edited by randylf; 2008-01-17 at 05:57 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost