Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 2.0 vs. 1.1.4

Question 2.0 vs. 1.1.4
    Ok so i've got a 1st Gen iPhone running 1.1.4 and have waited on moving to 2.0 because I run windows and I actually like iLiberty so am probably gonna wait till it's working with 2.0 before I do anything. Ok so now that I've said that here comes the question.

I've got the phone working great now and so other than the fact that I can't download the new apps from iTunes because they require 2.0, is there any reason for me to upgrade to 2.0?

I spoke with a an Apple store guy and he basically said the major difference is the whole 3G network concept increasing network speed but i'm failing to see how that would help me on a 1st Gen phone running T-Mobile. Thanks for taking the time to help.

If your running Tmo, you will screw yourself be updating to 2.0 because you CANT unlock 2.0.....ie, cant run Tmo.

Thanks

You can unlock 2.0... Just not on a 3G phone.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

i think its best to stick with 1.1.4. i upgraded to 2.0 and in all fairness... I missed my old apps. I missed my FREE isolitare, my free tetrix, I miss touchpad and pockettouch. And I also feel that 2.0 seems slower... but maybe thats just me.

I kinda figured as much. I haven't seen a new app that makes me have to get rid of what i've got and use this new stuff.

I've got 2.0 on tmobile, and initially I was like wtf. But the overall look and functions are nice, and the thought of turn by turn is nice. But my phone was way more productive with all my free apps that I'm goin to downgrade untill app producers catch up.