Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Will Make it Mine Cover "No Service"?

Default Will Make it Mine Cover "No Service"?
    Well just got my 3G and Im using my old iPhone at an iTouch for 1.1.4 apps but I HATE the "No Service" then my wifi. I know Make it Mine would get rid of AT&T, but does it also get rid of "No Service"? Thanks

-Andrew

nope no service does not get replaced with MiM..... and taking out the sim give you no sim....... so your probably gonna have to bare with it unless someone has an app that can get rid of it........ I remember when itoggle did that it was great where the whole phone feature would be disabled completely..... but after 1.1.1 something changed how the phone function was used apparently..........

There is one solution. Find out which .artwork file that "No Service" is located in. Decompile it and replace the "No Service" image. Recompile it and Voila. I will do a little checking to see if I can find out which .artwork file that is in. If I do find it and you want something specific then let me know and I will see if I can put it in place of "No Service."
    "Count your blessings. Make your blessings count!"

Is that an iPhone in your pocket?

Thanks

Whoa whoa whoa. Before you go effing with your files, just try to use the "Customize System Strings" option on Customize. Change no service to your desired text and Voila! It should be legit.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ALL DAY For This Useful Post:

bthomp2000 (2008-08-23)

Yeah but that's the 'boring' way. I was thinking though that it is a standard system string and not part of an artwork file so obviously I unpacked a couple of .artwork files for nothing. I was just so excited to help someone customize their iPhone I totally skipped right over the obvious.
    "Count your blessings. Make your blessings count!"

Is that an iPhone in your pocket?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Living Apple View Post
    i had a similar problem and take me more than 3 months to solve it. i am working now in a software to help people in this problem. i create a blog to talk about this problem. see it. IEmo Fix
    bye.
    If you read his post, he's not trying to get service on his old iPhone, he's trying to get the "No Service" message not to show up.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.