Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Raves and Iphones dont mix to well.

Default Raves and Iphones dont mix to well.
    Ok, so I went to this 5 day rave with over 5,000 people way out in no where.

Long story short, I remember taking photos with my phone saturday night piss drunk then suddenly I woke up at noon in my tent and my phone wouldn't turn on. I didn't have any sore spots so I know I didn't take any falls or anything so my guess is I left my phone on and slipped it back into my pocket so the battery went completely dead. When I got home I tried plugging it into my computer and nothing then tried plugging it into the wall plug and nothing, so I figured I completely screwed it up for good. It's been sitting on my desk for about 5 days now and I just started fiddling with it and randomly plugged it into the wall and BAM the boot screen comes on!

Now here's whats happening.
    It goes to the boot screen, stays there for about 5-10 seconds, goes black then back to the boot screen end repeat. My hope is that the battery was in fact completely drained and now the phone is trying to recover itself. I'm going to leave it there for a hour or so and see what happens or if I can actually get anywhere with it.

This is a 1st gen Iphone as well, not one of the new ones.

If anyone has any tips on things I should try let me know, otherwise I'll be back in a hour with a status update on what the phone is doing.

Take a flashlight and look down into the headphone jack hole, there is a water sensor on the bottom, its normally white....but if the phone gets wet for some reason, it will turn half pink.

If you see any pink, you have water damage, thats what it sounds like anyways.

Ok well there's a lot of dust/link down there but at the vary bottom looks like there's some pinkish coloring going on down there.

With that said it's most likely the phone is in fact water damaged.

It's been about a hour now and the phone is still doing that boot screen thing stated in my 1st post.

If the phone starts working again sweet, if not what ever, it was sure fun while it lasted. I don't see myself getting a new one because I'm in Canada and if this one only lasted me just over 10 month why would I sign a 3 year contract with Rogers for a new on haha.

Anyways, with where I am with this I'd personally love to get the photos off the phone if possible. I can always replace phone numbers and the music on the phone but the photos from that rave would probably fill in a lot of blank moments for me.

Its shot dude, at this point your ONLY hope is having Apple repair it (will cost ya $200), and they MIGHT be able to salvage your photos, etc. But I doubt it.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Bad luck dude... next time leave the $400 toy in your tent

no dout, next time i'll swap my sim outta that and put it in my junker phone lol

ohh well, phone died but no one was hurt in the process.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Who were the headlining DJ's?....

Music | ( ( ( Soundwave ) ) )
    There's the 5 main stages, click on them and there's a complete line up of all the dj's.