Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to buy iPhone 3G

iPhone? More like MyPhone njosnavelin's Avatar
    Thanks

Default How to buy iPhone 3G
    Just a quick question that i hoped can be answered easily....I am planning on visiting the states in a few weeks, and i was hoping to buy an iPhone.

What's the best way to do so? I will probably still be there when the $599 price comes out, but is there any way to get one cheaper? (ie. has anyone here any proven methods of obtaining it through means of failing a credit check?)
    When I said that I was 'king of forwards', you got to understand that I don't come up with this stuff. I just forward it along. You wouldn't arrest a guy who was just passing drugs from one guy to another?

No, currently the phone must be activated upon leaving the store.

if u have some one in Canada with rogers they may help u.
    How?? If they renew their contract for 3 years they can get the phone on their old plan, 16GB for 350$ Canadian

Thanks

The phone is actually $299 for the 16GB. Anything in addition is the result of HUP fees.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

But don't they need / are required to add a data plan to get the iphone? I went into the rogers store and asked them and they said even with renewing contract for another 3 years you need to get a data plan or were they just trying to scam me into getting a data plan for commission?

Also if you have someone here in the states you can order one but you have order in person. Everywhere I've been is sold out. I ordered a white 16gig from an AT&T store and got it in 3 days. Black 3Gs are taking 2 weeks. Of course this is different in every market.