Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Refurbished Iphone with TERRIBLE TERRIBLE battery life

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Refurbished Iphone with TERRIBLE TERRIBLE battery life
    Hey guys,

I've been looking around and searching the forums, didn't find too much in this issue I'm having.

I bought my iphone new...after a couple months of having it the vibrate crapped out...they replaced it with a refurbished one without any costs to me, thank god haha...but the battery life on this thing sucks my ***..

This phone will go barely a day with me making minimal calls...god forbid i try using the internet, ipod, or texting...it sucks the battery life down faster than the dickens.

I have to make a crazy amount of phone calls during work and its impossible to keep having the thing on the charger all the time. I went to the Mac store and they told me the battery problem doesn't warrant the need of another phone. They basically told me to go **** myself in there nice mac way.

So, what do you think I should do? keep complaining? find a battery online and try and take the thing apart myself? send it to apple and pay 80 bucks for them to put another battery in the phone?

hmm...so yeah..thanks for reading my rant...any comments/suggestions is greatly welcomed. I'm not sure on what to do

Thanks guys,
    Thomas

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

I suggest you turn the brightness down and look through the forums for more sugegstions.

That is what worked for me.

Thanks

restore fixed this for me.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

oh man really? i dont feel like going through the whole jailbreak again hahaha...oh well..maybe ill give it a shot

could installing a new battery be an alternate decision? does anybody sell them?

thanks for the suggestions guys - Tom

DealExtreme.com and iFixIt both sell the batteries, although i am not too sure whether they are genuine... most likely not but yeh I would rather complain to Apple and get a proper swap out before trying to change the battery.

Also with replacing the battery you'll need to know basic soldering as well.
    iPhone 8Gb Firmware Version 1.1.1

iPhone? More like MyPhone jasonm253's Avatar
    Thanks

i had the same problem and restore worked for me...i was so amazed i thought my iphone was broke cuz the battery didn't move for so long...it works if u restore

i took mine to an apple store with this same problem and i got a new phone with no hassle i would say try it again but just tell them the phone wont charge or hold a charge thats what i did and presto new phone.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

good stuff guys,

thanks alot for your help

I'll go to another Mac store this time and tell them...I should probley restore the phone first and get rid of all my 3rd party apps and whatnot right?

Think the new phone will come with 1.1.3?

If it does, should I just do the downgrade and jailbreak the thing again? hmmm

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Call apple up if this problem persists. They will give you a new phone if the battery is just draining like that. it does in every way warrant a return (at least it has for people I know).