Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: undoing jailbreak on 3g

My iPhone is a Part of Me kadinh's Avatar
    Thanks

Default undoing jailbreak on 3g
    if i decide that i dont like the jailbreak on my phone and i want to revert everything back to original, is there any way to do that? or if i need to send it to apple bc something is broke?

delete the pwn'd itunes and reinstall it and restore the iphone?

All that you have to do is restore in iTunes and that will erase everything back to the original 2.0 FW.
    "Count your blessings. Make your blessings count!"

Is that an iPhone in your pocket?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to sr20_00 For This Useful Post:

kadinh (2008-07-25)

Thanks

so if i need to return my phone to apple, i just do a restore in itunes and its cool? i thought it changed itunes in some way...

No, it doesn't change iTunes in any way except to tell it to let you load custom FW. A simple restore in iTunes without shift/option clicking restore will put the phone in a 'normal' state.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to sr20_00 For This Useful Post:

kadinh (2008-07-25)

Thanks

thanks homes. makes me feel a lot more comfortable now. i thanked you im both your posts for helping me out.

Kewl! You're welcome and thanks for acknowledging my helpfulness as little as it may have been.

Thanks

everything helps, right?

Default iphone 3g problem
    hello Im from Argentina I purchase a iphone 3g 8gb in Usa, then I jailbreak with winpwn, all work good , then I purchase a turbosim and when I put the turbosim all is same, dont detect the network, what I have to do? I try revert the jailbreak with the original firmware 2.0.1 with shift button and restore but the phone get in emergency call only, and I dont know if restore with Itunes 7.7 because say itunes will restore and update your iphone and will restore with firmware 2.0.2 , I need help please

Green Apple
    Thanks

need to put iphone in DFU and jailbreak again, 3g not unlockable yet. should have bought 2g unlock and though sims into it.

but many peopple use 3g with the turbosim, I have the turbo sim and iphone 3g jailbreak but dont detect the network

Exclamation i tried that
    Please help, i tried to undo the jailbreak but when i click on restore, it says "In this moment there is not any software for this Ipod. PLease make sure you have the last version of Itunes and try again"

Please im desperate =S

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

How hard it is to miss the Restore button?

i clicked there but it says "In this moment there is not any software for this Ipod. PLease make sure you have the last version of Itunes and try again"

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Easiest way to restore your phone is to put it in DFU mode. Hold both power and home button for 10 seconds, let go of power and keep holding down home. Then your iTunes will say "there is an iPod/iPhone in restore mode....". Then restore to factory settings and you can go from there

Exclamation still not responding
    still the same problem, i click on restore, but it keeps saying the same thing: "In this moment there is not any software for this Ipod. PLease make sure you have the last version of Itunes and try again"

I think that the problem is that the ipod does not turn on, but i have tried dozens of time and it does not respond to anything

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

wait, the ipod doesnt even have any power?

something else you can do is download the original firmware and when you connect your ipod into itunes hold down "Shift" + click on restore, then select the firmware and try it that way

but it sounds to me like you're not properly putting the ipod into DFU mode.

itunes says that the ipod is in restoration mode, if that's what you mean by DFU. But i can't restore it, and doing the "shift+" thing, prompts me a message saying that the firmware is not compatible

uninstalling itunes wont erase my app right?, because that's the only thing left for me to try,
    Last edited by eleaz14; 2009-06-01 at 03:17 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Default Undo Jailbreak
    Hey guys, i recently jailbroke my iphone 3G but now want to restore it because i didnt upload the new updates through itunes. I wanted to be able to send and recive pictures, but was told i cant update my phone because its jailbroken. Help Please!!