View Poll Results: Was it worth all that hype?

Voters
134. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

22 16.42%
  • No

24 17.91%
  • Somewhat

34 25.37%
  • Didn't Upgrade

58 43.28%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 113 worth the hype?

My iPhone is a Part of Me E-Dragon's Avatar
    Thanks

Default 113 worth the hype?

What do you think???

I think it was from a non-modded point of view. Apple clearly took a lot at what the 3rd- party applications are headed and officially implemented them to the phone. So yeah, we got nothing "new" if you jailbroke before, but it clearly shows that Apple is on the same direction. The difference of course is that when they release something, it goes through a ton of R&D, testing, and trials before we even see it, while in the jailbreak scene the user is the beta tester, which is why we have a TON of 3rd-party apps yet most of them are 0.X, or not even in a release stage.

I really think this is a step in the right direction for the iPhone and the SDK kit on February will be the next big step.

Green Apple
    Thanks

i really want to update but i love my 3party apps.... im just going to wait and see what happens

iPhone? More like MyPhone Jodiedicie's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Noodle Boy View Post
    I think it was from a non-modded point of view. Apple clearly took a lot at what the 3rd- party applications are headed and officially implemented them to the phone. So yeah, we got nothing "new" if you jailbroke before, but it clearly shows that Apple is on the same direction. The difference of course is that when they release something, it goes through a ton of R&D, testing, and trials before we even see it, while in the jailbreak scene the user is the beta tester, which is why we have a TON of 3rd-party apps yet most of them are 0.X, or not even in a release stage.

I really think this is a step in the right direction for the iPhone and the SDK kit on February will be the next big step.

Very well said, I agree. Two of my friends have non-modded iPhones and they are both thrilled with the update. To me, it is nothing new, and I won't update my iPhone until I can jailbreak again, but at least apple is moving forward and not backward

My daughter has an iPod Touch and she really wanted Mail on it, so I went ahead and did the update on the Touch. The only thing that was saved from the jailbreak was the fake carrier from Make it Mine, everything else went back to stock. The Webapps are nice, but would be even nicer if they opened in their own browser instead of opening another page. The "My location" in google maps didn't find our location, so that was a waste and everything else on the touch we already have on our iPhones (weather, stocks, notes)
    Last edited by Jodiedicie; 2008-01-16 at 05:56 AM.

Wait for awhile!
    There seems to be a 'bug' in that for some people (myself included) its messed up the wifi connection. And yes I have deleted the connection, reset it several different degrees and no dice. It connects then doesnt work and stays on edge. Im not alone with this problem either there is a growin thread on the apple board.

Well the Hype is for Unlocking 1.1.2.
    Iphone Love... I dreamed of a iphone before it was out..

iPhone? More like MyPhone luistohe123's Avatar
    Thanks

yeah...just as yowiphone said, its not too much about the new 1.1.3 updates, its about finally having a normal iPhone instead of a fat iTOuch....

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

If you have any third party apps at all its not worth it. Third party apps are doing everything this 1.1.3 is and then some. Might be a different story when the SDK is released though.

I dont think that it was worth the hype at all. All this really did was add apps to the iPhone that have been available for jailbroken iPhones for months. Although if we could jailbreak 1.1.3, Id upgrade and jailbreak ASAP

although i think that there are aloott of behind the curtain changes....
    of course to lock us out, but also to secure or preapre us for sdk...

iPhone? More like MyPhone xfsasx's Avatar
    Thanks

i had a problem with a 3rd party app and had to restore, now dont get me wrong i've been jailbroken since it was discovered. I have had 5 pages of 3rd party apps on iphone about a month ago. I honestly used them but not to the point where i absolutely needed them. I updated to 1.1.2 during the restore and was gonna jailbreak but i realized that i didnt need those apps and do all the work to get me back to where i was before, plus i knew 1.1.3 was coming out soon. I updated to 1.1.3 last night and love it. Location works awesome and i live in a rural area, im not too worried about all those other apps right now cause by the time they jailbreak 1.1.3 the sdk will be released and then maybe some major apps can be released! I'm not trying to bad mouth the community, it is the fastest growing i have ever seen and i always support the developers! Keep it up, hope to see some of those apps i used on the iphone officially when the sdk is released, especially ttr!

iPhone? More like MyPhone Numberzz's Avatar
    Thanks

I couldn't wait. Now I'm stuck on 1.1.3 no matter what I do. I've followed http://modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25695 and it didn't work for me. I'm waiting for an official guide. I hope I can downgrade. It won't let you restore to any other firmware anymore, you get an error.

Thanks

I restored and upgraded to 1.1.3 but my carrier still scrolls with my daughters name and I have no wifi and no Bluetooth. Did anybody else have this problem....other then that I'm happy with 1.1.3.

iPhone? More like MyPhone cybergeek2021's Avatar
    Thanks

i hate 1.1.3 it stinks. i cant beleve that i downgraded form 1.1.2 for this!
    Like what you see... Click on the "Thanks" Button!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I am in kind of the same boat as xfsasx. I had apps out my nose and generally didn't use a single one of them. I think I was just getting addicted to tapping the installer icon about 20 times a day to see what was coming next, or were there any updates to my existing apps, HA! I have upgraded to 1.1.3 and to be honest the main app that I miss the most is customize. I have had a modded home screen since the early days and sitting here looking at the generic original iphone icons and black background is the only thing that I don't like. Who knows, maybe now I will have more free time to play with the kids and take my wife out on a date since I won't be constantly checking installer and tweaking my icons. HA! At least until 1.1.3 is out of jail.
    Last edited by dr33Rocks; 2008-01-16 at 08:04 PM.

Thanks

Eh, the triangulation is nice, manually manage music and videos are nice to, the rest i dont really care about.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default "Manually Manage Music" a waste of time!
    Quote Originally Posted by DoerrFan View Post
    Eh, the triangulation is nice, manually manage music and videos are nice to, the rest i dont really care about.
    I am on 1.1.2 and itunes 7.6.

I thought I would try to see if I plugged my iPhone into my P.C, when I had prevously enabled "Manually Manage Music" on my Mac's itunes library, if it would allow me to manage my music from a different library. Open up iTunes and the option is unticked on the p.c. When you tick the box and click apply it tells you your iPhone is synced with another library and do you want to erase it and sync it with the new library.

So in short you can only use the "Manually Manage Music" option if you are on the library which you ticked the box originally, unless of course you hae the same music on two different libraries, but when you are at work that is unlikely!

iPhone? More like MyPhone mrrippey's Avatar
    Thanks

no MMS, so I am not upgrading. I can't believe that we STILL dont have MMS (well not officially anyway)
    Rippey
    iOS 4.0 3Gs 32GB on the lamb
    Still has nice things on it, pictures too

i think this update is worth all the hype. Apple is slowly giving us what we want. Sure it's taking a long time but at least it's coming and not forgotten about.
    before the iphone i had a blackjack, and i'm still waiting for the wm6 upgrade.

iPhone? More like MyPhone xfsasx's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dr33Rocks View Post
    I am in kind of the same boat as xfsasx. I had apps out my nose and generally didn't use a single one of them. I think I was just getting addicted to tapping the installer icon about 20 times a day to see what was coming next, or were there any updates to my existing apps, HA! I have upgraded to 1.1.3 and to be honest the main app that I miss the most is customize. I have had a modded home screen since the early days and sitting here looking at the generic original iphone icons and black background is the only thing that I don't like. Who knows, maybe now I will have more free time to play with the kids and take my wife out on a date since I won't be constantly checking installer and tweaking my icons. HA! At least until 1.1.3 is out of jail.

Exactly!!!

I would check installer.app every chance i got! Its the most thing i miss....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast