View Poll Results: Was it worth all that hype?

Voters
134. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

22 16.42%
  • No

24 17.91%
  • Somewhat

34 25.37%
  • Didn't Upgrade

58 43.28%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 113 worth the hype?

am I the only having problems with safari 1.1.3? Its loading post data slower than 1.1.2 and some web pages come up as errors.
    1win.1 loss.1 draw

My iPhone is a Part of Me Sidetalker's Avatar
    Thanks

meh. not worth it for what it is...but still pretty freakin neat. (incredible triangulation software)
    For Help
    Private Message, Email, or AIM
    (My response time might be a little long)

GUIDES:
    Expect more when I find something guide-worthy.
    PM me and let me know if you need one.

I have a modded and a non modded iphone, I have 2 cell phones one for me and one for work so the work one is modded and the personal one isnt i updated the personal one and I love the new options, especially the sending text to multiple people I have BEEN waiting for that one
    Pete-KT

I think the upgrade has some neat toys. I like the way the new maps look, but I won't upgrade until there is a jailbreak. I want it all, and I'm willing to wait.

Thanks

decent update, but nothing to get too excited about. maybe when a jailbreak comes out i might think about it. but as for now ill pass.

My iPhone is a Part of Me E-Dragon's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by listenclose View Post
    am I the only having problems with safari 1.1.3? Its loading post data slower than 1.1.2 and some web pages come up as errors.
    No you're not. Safari still suxs (on the phone)

I was one step away from updating lucky i didn't.
    Iphone Love... I dreamed of a iphone before it was out..

I think it is somewhat woth the hype but for real it's not worth druling over. 1.1.2 is fine , 1.1.3 new upgrades arent that great i mean I can move my icons around and i dont have 1.1.3 so thats my opinion.

Thanks

Not just NO but hell NO!

My iPhone is a Part of Me E-Dragon's Avatar
    Thanks

Lol!

Ican do everything I once could BUT use Summerboard - but you can change the dock, bkacgroudn and icons manually if you have patience. I did all that using Louie's Agua theme for the iPhone.

Pretty neat looking.

The TWO problems I have are that I have to use SSH to edit the icons etc. and I that the wallpaper I use for the springboard is the wallpaper I have to use for my lock screen.

i think its great and was well worth it

I upgraded by accident...went back to 1.1.1->1.1.2JB and staying there

1.1.3 is not worth the hype until a REAL jailbreak method is released. This soft upgrade is just a waste because we are still lacking features. I mean if George Hotz can find an exploit in a bootloader that has been daunting people for MONTHS in 23 hours, there HAS to be more than 1 exploit in the software to create a new jailbreak method when 1.1.4/1.2.0 with the SDK comes out.

I can't say it was worth the aggravation, no. absolutely not. past jailbreaks have been realtively easy to manage. This was a hot mess from the beginning. and all for the locator and hybrid maps? lol.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

i dont understand it... i have upgraded my iphone to 1.1.3 and downgraded it so many times and Im not sticking with 1.1.2 jailbroken. 1.1.3 is just too unstable, I can't hard reset without me using my computer and booting it out from recovery mode, it kept crashing on me at one point, and i couldnt get sendsong to work!

1.1.3 is jokes, the maps isnt all that accurate either. Hopefully someone will sort the 1.1.3 upgrade method out properly and then I will upgrade... until then... 1.1.2 isnt all that bad at all.

i dont understand it... i have upgraded my iphone to 1.1.3 and downgraded it so many times and Im now sticking with 1.1.2 jailbroken. 1.1.3 is just too unstable, I can't hard reset without me using my computer and booting it out from recovery mode, it kept crashing on me at one point, and i couldnt get sendsong to work!

1.1.3 is jokes, the maps isnt all that accurate either. Hopefully someone will sort the 1.1.3 upgrade method out properly and then I will upgrade... until then... 1.1.2 isnt all that bad at all.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

i dont understand it... i have upgraded my iphone to 1.1.3 and downgraded it so many times and Im now sticking with 1.1.2 jailbroken. 1.1.3 is just too unstable, I can't hard reset without me using my computer and booting it out from recovery mode, it kept crashing on me at one point, and i couldnt get sendsong to work!

Last edited by Taniban; 2008-02-11 at 01:58 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12