Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Can notes.db be opened on a PC or firmware 2.0?

Default Can notes.db be opened on a PC or firmware 2.0?
    I just upgraded my (1st gen) iphone to firmware 2.0. Before I done this I took a copy of the notes.db file from var/Mobile/Library/Notes.

I also did a backup using iTunes but the restore is failing.

I have copied the notes.db back to my iphone using ssh but they are not being displayed. Also if I try to add a new note then it doesn't get saved. It is like the new firmware stores them in a different format.

If I go back to the default notes.db I can then create/delete/modify notes ok.

Is there a way to open the notes.db on a PC to extract the data and allow me to copy these into an a text file so I can re-enter them manually?

Thanks
    Mark

I copied notes.db file to var/Mobile/Library/Notes on iphone to restore my old notes and it works for me.

You need to make sure the permission is set to 644 (or above) and the owner is "mobile:mobile". I think when you overwrite the existing one, you will get the right permission and owner settings.

Hope it helps.

Quote Originally Posted by mdavenport View Post
    I just upgraded my (1st gen) iphone to firmware 2.0. Before I done this I took a copy of the notes.db file from var/Mobile/Library/Notes.

I also did a backup using iTunes but the restore is failing.

I have copied the notes.db back to my iphone using ssh but they are not being displayed. Also if I try to add a new note then it doesn't get saved. It is like the new firmware stores them in a different format.

If I go back to the default notes.db I can then create/delete/modify notes ok.

Is there a way to open the notes.db on a PC to extract the data and allow me to copy these into an a text file so I can re-enter them manually?

Thanks
    Mark
    I, have the same problem, how you solve this?

TIA

yes install firefox from: Firefox web browser | Faster, more secure, & customizable

Then go an install this addon: SQLite

And use it to open your ..db files,

* if for some reason you cannot see them just go and change to Sellect All Files, because they main extension for opening files are .sqlite
    i already manage my Contacts.db and Recent Calls Databases with it.