Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Firmware 1.1.1 download (not restore) anyone?

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Firmware 1.1.1 download (not restore) anyone?
    So i had to restore my iphone and re-jailbreak it and such. The problem I am having is i can;t just hit update because it will take it to 1.1.3 and obviously I don't want to do that (yet). I was able to download the file iPhone1,1_1.1.2_3B48b_Restore from two different sources but could not find on that was NOT a restore file. When I try and shift click the UPDATE button and use this file it just errors out. I am assuming that I need just the 1.1.2 update file and not the restore file but, again, I have not been able to find this. Obviously I can;t do a 1.1.2 RESTORE because oktoprep will be erased and I will essentially be unable to then jailbreak the 1.1.2.

Has anyone else come across this yet (or am I just the only unlucky one that had to do a restore the day the newer firmware came out)? The reason I want the 1.1.2 firmware is because I am sure that the next anysim will be for my version of phone (1.1.2 oob) and don't want to reinstall everything only to find that the newer anysim doesn't work with 1.1.1 anymore!

To my knowledge the "restore" file is the only file you get, there is not a separate file for the "restore" or "update" functions.

EDIT: Just follow this guide to get your 1.1.2 phone jailbroken.
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15669
    Last edited by Exthero; 2008-01-16 at 03:03 AM.

Thanks

So essentially now that 1.1.3 is out nobody can unlock iphones and update them to anything but 1.1.3? (i.e. I can;t oktoprep and update to 1.1.2 anymore?)

Just thinking aloud here too...these files are stored in itunes somewhere (because I know I didnt download a 160mb file EVERY time I went from 1.1.1 to 1.1.2 before) Anyone know how to access these?
    Last edited by sziklassy; 2008-01-16 at 03:04 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My firmwares when downloaded through itunes on Windows Vista is located at

CUsers\Admin\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\iTunes\iPhone Software Updates

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Exthero View Post
    My firmwares when downloaded through itunes on Windows Vista is located at

C:UsersAdminAppDataRoamingApple ComputeriTunesiPhone Software Updates
    Well i tried that file and it gives me a whole NEW error
    Oh well, gonna restore to 1.1.1 and try again. let you know how it goes. Thanks for the ideas

Wow, gives me the same error (1604) when trying to downgrade to 1.1.1 again (however I am currently on 1.1.1) The phone doesnt successfully go through the restore it fails the "setup" process. The phone is otherwise working correctly, is unlocked, etc. Any ideas?

Strangly it doesnt stay in restore mode either. it goes into restore mode, itunes recognizes it, and then it pops out by itself even before I can click "ok"
    Last edited by sziklassy; 2008-01-16 at 05:24 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    Well i tried that file and it gives me a whole NEW error
    Oh well, gonna restore to 1.1.1 and try again. let you know how it goes. Thanks for the ideas

Wow, gives me the same error (1604) when trying to downgrade to 1.1.1 again (however I am currently on 1.1.1) The phone doesnt successfully go through the restore it fails the "setup" process. The phone is otherwise working correctly, is unlocked, etc. Any ideas?

Strangly it doesnt stay in restore mode either. it goes into restore mode, itunes recognizes it, and then it pops out by itself even before I can click "ok"
    are you following the guide from the link?