Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Contacts from 1.1.4 to 2.0?

Default Contacts from 1.1.4 to 2.0?
    I have very important contacts which I will definitely need that are stored in my iPhone version 1.1.4. If I use WinPwn to upgrade to 2.0, how can I get my contacts to transfer over?

Here is a simplified step by step that I hope helps you out.

1. Make sure and sync your iPhone to your computer ahead of time. Check Windows contacts just to make sure there is an entry for some contacts you know you have added recently.

2. Upgrade to 2.0 using iTunes.

3. Follow the link herehttp://www.modmyi.com/forums/news/25...-released.html to Pwn your Iphone.

4. Set it up as a new iPhone in iTunes once everything is done.

5. Once everything is done, click on your iPhone in iTunes. Click on the info tab. Check the "Sync Contacts" box. Scroll down to the bottom and check "Overwrite info on this iPhone" box.

6. Voila. you have your contacts just as they were before.

Now don't take my wording to heart as everything is not worded exactly as you may see it but those steps are simplified and pretty self-explanatory if you semi know what you are doing. I hope this helps. Reply if you have any doubts/questions.
    Last edited by sr20_00; 2008-07-25 at 07:46 AM. Reason: I can't type tonight.
    "Count your blessings. Make your blessings count!"

Is that an iPhone in your pocket?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to sr20_00 For This Useful Post:

agentnixon (2008-07-25)

thanks! This was exactly what I needed.

You are most welcome.

there is also a import sim contacts button somewhere in "settings"...I can't remember where i found it but it's there

@bballcat03 It is in mail, contacts, and calendars but it is only useful if you stick a sim in from another phone which saves contacts to the sim which as I understand the iPhone does not.

oh yeah my sidekick saved all my contacts automatically...that explains that...

Thanks