View Poll Results: what should i do with this iphone i found???

Voters
198. You may not vote on this poll
  • keep it and get it activated and say screw it.

66 33.33%
  • do my best to find the users information and contact them

136 68.69%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: i found an iPhone

Give it back. What would you do if lost your iPhone. You would want someone to return it and then tell them how to jailbreak it. LOL

We are being scolded for replying to a thread, however doesn't going on a rant in the same thread and giving your opinion on it also make you guilty of the same. Or are you the exception to your rule?

Part it out and sell it for parts . lol, I joke

No. don't do that. Call your home number (with caller ID) and see if a name pops up on the caller ID. then you can look through the phone book. Or Call ATT or take it to the ATT store for the customer info .

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

If you lose ure phone is cuz u didint really care bout it

Livin the iPhone Life javiert30's Avatar
    Thanks

How many iPhones you found?

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Oranges View Post
    Part it out and sell it for parts . lol, I joke

No. don't do that. Call your home number (with caller ID) and see if a name pops up on the caller ID. then you can look through the phone book. Or Call ATT or take it to the ATT store for the customer info .
    Where do you live that shows mobile numbers in the phone book? Must be a neat place!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

My iPhone is a Part of Me JAG2621's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tha5150 View Post
    i am tossed here with diffrent opinions. i have my own. both of them. heh. i am not a theif or anything like that. but i found it in a bar, on the floor, 3am. i was like hey, there is my new phone. an iPhone. heh. yeaahhhh.. now i have feelings that i should get in touch with the owner. but then, i go back to the other feelings. heh.
    Why are you buying a charger if you already have a iphone. I think you do not have an i phone and you want to keep this one but you are afraid that it will be traced and you will get in trouble. Get the story straight
    If anything was usefull a thanks would be great!

Green Apple
    Thanks

I wouldnt keep it at all or you will be busted if the person who lost it wants it back bad enough.Trust me i know!

If you're going to keep it, do it right. Change the serial number, DFU restore it, activate it, and have fun.

But I suggest you try your best to return it to the owner.

Livin the iPhone Life Apple iPie's Avatar
    Thanks

I would do the both things at the same time-I would NOT search for user for 3 or 4 hours,I will try to stand on the place with an iPhone in my hand,and if the dude will come,I will give it to him,but I will NOT search him for weeks though...)))

Thanks
    freak that keep it , i live in nyc and ive lost a few phone over the years and i have never receive a call home or to a friend , but besides dat at&t wont track u down, they are not responsible for stolen or lost phones , only if they are reported stolen and someone gets caught with it then the person might get their phoen back if not at&t doesnt give a darn

personally i think i would search up for someone , and if not keep it...cus if u cant find anybody then the just keep it..

iPhone? More like MyPhone derrickb16's Avatar
    Thanks

what goes around comes around I'd call in and try my best to find the ower if you can't find the owner F it yours!
    IF I'VE HELPED YOU BE SURE YOU HIT THE THANKS BUTTON!

iPhone? More like MyPhone diggie2002's Avatar
    Thanks

I have one word to say...KARMA.
    Thank me if I helped you out!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by siugrad99 View Post
    Apple or AT&T could locate the person who purchased it in minutes. Don't use the "i'll do what I can" excuse when you know you have no intention of truly returning the phone.
    HAHA, if they did that, life itself would be true happiness. They dont do it, and the probably wont ever will.

As for the topic:

I say search for 2 weeks at the most. If you can't find its owner, keep it. I mean whats the point? You can't find them and they obviously don't care if they aren't calling it(unless you left that part out ). Make sure you actually try because it will make the person sad. I had a cell phone and I accidently left it at a Basketball game. I called it for 3 days, went back to the school on the 5 day, no one found anything. got me really pissed/ sad because it had a whole bunch of my contacts and i ended up getting a go phone for 1 1/2 years >_>

If I ever helped you or made a comment you like, press the "thanks" button!
    320GB HD 4GB RAM 2.2GHz Macbook
    500GB HD 4GB RAM 2.6GHz Macbook Pro

Green Apple
    Thanks

keep the **** man. karma... they guy who lost it prolly didn't deserve a 500 dollar phone because they are not responsiable. I've gotten drunk in many a bar with my iphone and never have i been so outta touch as to lose track of my phone. soo K++ to you from somewhere, trust me no ones going to come after you looking for it, and if the 1 in a 10000000 chance they do, just show them this tread. I woulda just kept it or sold it if i had one already. so you're in line infront of me for the after life.

I say keep it and don't look back!
    J/K

Livin the iPhone Life Apple iPie's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by swifty7 View Post
    I say keep it and don't look back!
    J/K
    Then,you are a bad person..(((

I guess this part (j/k ) went over your head.

Thanks

if the average person in a bar was to find it in the same circumstances, it would be on ebay already or restored and jailbroke/unlocked already.

people talk about karma, it will come back around etc.... what if something bad has happened to you before? karma is coming back around and rewarding you.

seriously, just keep it. you didn't steal it. if anything comes of it with at&t etc. then worry about that then. it won't though.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast