View Poll Results: what should i do with this iphone i found???

Voters
198. You may not vote on this poll
  • keep it and get it activated and say screw it.

66 33.33%
  • do my best to find the users information and contact them

136 68.69%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: i found an iPhone

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

i am buying a charger tommorow on my lunch break for $4 here locally on craigslist. i will charge it up and go through the phone and make some calls to the last few people called. once the people call me i will ask them if i can keep it and they can use their insurance to go get a new one. no no, im just kidding, good idea though huh. heh, i am going to give the phone back guys.

i was in the military and was given a nickname that goes along with an old 82nd airborne creed using 5150 in it. no i am not a stupid cop. but one thing i learned in the military was integrity. (always doing the right thing, even when nobody is looking)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to tha5150 For This Useful Post:

dale1v (2008-01-17)

Thanks

Great stuff.
    Last edited by dale1v; 2008-01-17 at 02:01 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Give it back....
    ....."what goes around comes around"
    Because one day in the future you will loose your phone ( and it will hapen) with all your contacts and photos etc.....and you'll be praying for someone to return it.
    It's good Karma to do something right...its easy to do something wrong.
    Who knows...maybe someone important owns the phone...a fututre job, a reward.....good things come about from good deeds!
    You have to be cruel to be kind!

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

- i vote to return it back - cus i know i would be So so Sick if i lost mine -- & prolly be like grr grrr i quit Drinking TODAY

so what;s the update?? did u return it?!

i hope you did.. i lost mine and i called the last place i recall using it and they couldn;t find it!!

i was like F**K.. i couldn;t go back cause i was late for a xmas party.. i received a call on my fiance's phone during the party and it was a guy.. said he was security at this place i was at way earlier.. said he found the phone on the ground... (indoors, thank God). i know he was security but he could of kept it.. no one woulda known.. cause he's on the late shift..

so he said he would hold it cause he was there till 6:30am.. so i went back and bought him a $20 TIM HORTONS gift card.. nothing much but just to show him i was thankful

so hope you returned it

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

turned it in. did the right thing.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to tha5150 For This Useful Post:

jwcrash (2008-01-23)

haha good stuff mate. Was there a nice reward or anything? like what johentie did...or did they just thank ya?
    iPhone 8Gb Firmware Version 1.1.1

Thanks

heh good to see that at least 75% of us have a heart...

Thanks

It's mine, and I want it BACK!!! I "promise" if you send it back to me, I will send you a BIG FAT REWARD!! "I promise i will"

Hey seriously, i know, i know everyone here is gonna get mad at me, and I know I will sound like a total jerk, BUUUUT.... I think you were lucky enough to find it, and someone was stupid enough to lose it?? Well, first off, I, myself would not keep it, luckily, I make great money, and have never needed to keep anything that was not mine, I just go buy it, but, if you can't afford to buy one, and you were lucky, then keep it!!
    Yes, I said it KEEP IT!! heheheh I'm just saying, if there is no way you can find the owner, please don't be dumb enough to think if you hand it over to someone in the hopes of them returning it, well... it's just not gonna happen! If you can't return it, and find the owner, keep it! I mean, what???.... you gonna throw it away so you won't feel guilty??? PLEEEEASE!

Now before you all start getting mad at me, and talking trash to me, ....... Well, just don't! OK?? hehehe
    Stay Sexy, Sweet, and Wonderful!

Thumbs up Great karma
    Threads (and polls) like these are such wonderful ways for people to show their true colors. If anyone of us here were to lose OUR phones, I'm pretty sure 100% of us would like the finder to do the right thing and try to return it.

And it looks like he did.

Good on 'ya, tha5150. Way to be a decent human being!

Thanks

"I'm just saying, if there is no way you can find the owner"

Yep!! That's what I thought I said!
    Stay Sexy, Sweet, and Wonderful!

Hey .... It is my iPhone.
    I am in Indonesia....... :-)))
    Send it back to me in Indonesia (well, it will cost you a bomb to send
    it to Indonesia)
    Just kidding.....

just do your best as per the advise, call apple, give the IMEI, S/N to apple. Provide your contact so that apple can ask the person to call you back and return the phone.
    But, if any shipping and handling cost, ask the owner to pay it....., you have done a good favor by returning the phone.

I say you keep it. I have been screwed over in a iphone competiton . This guy I won a competition and didn't give the iphone , but the same guy a year before made an ipod competition sent me the free ipod how weird is that. So I say keep it you found it. Its your luck. If he wanted the phone back he would have called it.

This is what you said? " i was in the military and was given a nickname that goes along with an old 82nd airborne creed using 5150 in it. no i am not a stupid cop. but one thing i learned in the military was integrity. (always doing the right thing, even when nobody is looking) "

Ok first thing first "Stupid Cop" who are you to say that? Only 1 f***ed up person or ciminal would call a cop stupid. After all they would be there to risk their life to save your and they don't even know you. Secondly if the military taught you integrity then why did you have to ask us what to do. Yeah thats right this stupid cop caught you acting like you had integrity. But thats cool
    Last edited by kndhadley; 2008-02-07 at 12:12 AM.

I don't think he is saying cops are stupid, I think he is saying he is not a cop who is stupid. Or maybe I'm just stupid.

Default Pay it forward....
    I almost lost my phone while snowboarding in Tahoe. Fortunately, someone was kind enough to be a good samaritan and called me on another phone I had on me to return it to me. I know it's kinda cheesy to say this, but it's people like that that make this world a better place.

--- Pay it forward....

Green Apple
    Thanks

keep the phone you found it you keep it. it reminds me of a good sying

"finders keepers, losers weepers"
    i would want it back if i lost it but hey if i had one i would NEVER let it out of my sight
    RY GUY!!!

i know ur not sayin all cops are smart... there are highly dumb ones... i know dumb *** people who went on to being cops and there still pretty stupid... YOU just may be a smart one...

and good job on givin' the phone back... i hope u turned it in to an apple store or at&t store... and didnt turn it in to ur pocket... lol...

wouldnt that suck if the phone was JAILBROKEN!!! then apple or at&t wouldn't do **** to help!!! AHAHAHAHAH!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mflantin View Post

--- Pay it forward....
    YES PAY IT FORWARD!!! FIRST ONE TO SAY IT!!! That is the best RULE EVER!!! better then the golden rule in my opinion..

Angry found his way to 7th grade
    okay i would like to add my 2 cents here as to why in the hell you guys would even be discussing this here! its clear that this 12yr old has nothing better to do with his time but to start a post about him finding a phone and talking about it on his new laptop that mom or dad bought for him because he made it to the 7th grade. most importantly what i dont understand is why you ppl are responding and wasing time and effort, what kinda person is going to by a charger on his lunch break, he had time to post all the replies to you all but no time to activate this F**KING thing or return it. ill tell you why non of this happened!!!! cause there is nothing there...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast