Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: After FW 2.0 Jailbreak no Disk Space left!

Default After FW 2.0 Jailbreak no Disk Space left!
    Hi, plz someone help me, I have the 2.0 jailbroken on my Iphone with Cydia and only the stuff installed that already came with it but BossPrefs tells me I've only left 13 MB of 300 MB!
    I wanted to SSH some stuff but of course it tells me that there's no free space in the Applications Folder!

Edit:
    I read somewhere that after installing with pwn tool from dev team you have a 250MB file on the Iphone, maybe that's the problem *argh*
    Last edited by ChrisBroken; 2008-07-24 at 02:27 PM.

Default problem solved
    i had the same problem too
    looked around a bit on MMI found some pre-made firmware from when winpwn 2.0 wasnt out yet

tried using that, didnt get the boot image i wanted but it gave me an extra 500 disk space (did what boss prefs did)

i guess winpwn 2.0 sucks?? pwnage did the job right there...
    so just go find some other premade firmware around

Hmm, ok but i used the pwnage tool for mac (2.01) and made one myself so nothing premade! No custom Icons and exactly what the guide told me to do! And I thought you can't flash from 2.0 jailbroken to 2.0 again!

uhhh i forgot where i found it but....
    it was in MMI somewhere i think, he said this firmware adds 800...space..? and takes away the mobile address book too....

i downloaded that, went from 1.1.4 -> winpwn 2.0, iTunes -> pre-made, iTunes

i hope that made any sense to u lol, ive been up all night figuring this out....

edit: go to google, look for iThor\'s iPhone 2.0 Custom, see how it says 500mb root something...? lol
    Last edited by Coala; 2008-07-24 at 03:06 PM. Reason: more info

Thanks but now after I've read several posts in the Forum I now know that it was wrong to upgrade from 1.1.4 Zibri Jailbroken to 2.0 pwnage!

So I have this short question I want to do this whole thing again, is this ok if I start Itunes, do the normal 2.0 update and than use winpwn to unlock? Or do I need 1.1.4 first?

@ChrisBroken That should do it without having 1.1.4. You need to download the original 2.0 FW on your HDD though and own from that.
    "Count your blessings. Make your blessings count!"

Is that an iPhone in your pocket?

CK's IT blog: Free up iPhone disk space for third party application
    Try some of those commands. They got me from 0 to 127M after the winpwn jailbreak.

Quote Originally Posted by r0ckclimb3r442 View Post
    CK's IT blog: Free up iPhone disk space for third party application
    Try some of those commands. They got me from 0 to 127M after the winpwn jailbreak.
    Oh noes. Don't do that in the new 2.0 FW. Do you see the post date on that? Oh wells you can always restore.

Does noone read replies or understand how to SSH and look at the file system? The new Pnage/WinPwn/or Cydia tool have automatically done this for you. You DO NOT need to make a symlink or start moving stuff around unless you are sure of what you are doing. The Applications folder is already symlinked to the bigger partition so you have loads of room (8g or 16g give or take a few megs)to install apps.
    "Count your blessings. Make your blessings count!"

Is that an iPhone in your pocket?