Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iphone carrier

Default iphone carrier
    hi everyone!

well,I'm willing to buy an iphone,but I live in Portugal,where iphones are not to be sold...and it means i have to order it from another country.well,my question is, if I buy from ebay,for exemple,an unlocked iphone,even with the latest firmware,I'll be able to use portuguese carriers,such as vodafone,right?
    this may sound stupid,but i've heard so many things about firmware 1.1.2 that I've become a little confused...
    hope hearing from you soon

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Yes, you should be able to. If the phone is 1.1.2 with a 4.0.6 bootloader it will (as of this post) need to be unlocked using a turbosim or some such device. basically you will need to cut your sim and the AT&T sim and paste them onto the turbosim (just google Bladox Turbosim if you are interested). There are rumors of an unlock via software but to my knowledge that doesn't really exist yet. Supposedly it will shortly after 1.1.3 is released, however we will have to wait and see. If you want a software only unlock (not cutting or altering your sim card) I would wait a couple weeks and see how things develope.

thanks!that was all I need to know!