Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Any way to get my iPhone back without restoring?

Default Any way to get my iPhone back without restoring?
    Any way to get my iPhone back without restoring?
    I am running firmware 1.1.2, upgraded/jailbroken/unlocked to a non IT&T sim using iWorld. I have lots of apps installed and already moved into the media storage.

suddenly, my iPhone is not making/ receiving calls. Main apps like "Note", "Safari" and others are crashing back to desktop. I tried to solve this problem so, I did a full reset, but I lost my media/pics. and problem is still there.

Is there any way that I can solve the problem without restoring/jailbreaking/unlocking again. Like replacing important files or installing apps again.

iPhone? More like MyPhone nhba74's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Need more space?
    Hi,

Are you sure that it's not a disk space issue? I've heard of apps crashing when there is not enough disk space left. Sounds like a space problem.

iPhone? More like MyPhone cosmoLV's Avatar
    Thanks

try to uninstall some applications - and see whats ahppen
    Carrier: LV LMT
    Runing On FW: 2.0 BL 3.9
    -------------------------------------

I uninstalled some apps, but still the same problem. Any idea?

now, the phone works, but I still cannot write anything as the keyboard is not coming in any app. Keyboard simply crashes on all apps. SMS, Safari, contacts.. etc.

I need your help

thanks
    Last edited by kim1406; 2008-01-14 at 06:29 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Do you have Summerboard running with DIM Wallpaper turned on? That would also cause the problems you've described.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

no m8. I did not have Summerboard installed. I have only customize.

do u have any additional keyboards installed? If so check if they have an expiration date and unistall them if they ve passed that date

Quote Originally Posted by manred View Post
    do u have any additional keyboards installed? If so check if they have an expiration date and unistall them if they ve passed that date
    I do have an Arabic keyboard, I installed it through the installer but now, I do not have it there to uninstall it as I already made a full reset for the phone.
    what should I do to get the original keyboard now?

you can try reinstalling it and then unistall it again but i am only guessing

Quote Originally Posted by manred View Post
    you can try reinstalling it and then unistall it again but i am only guessing
    I cannot do that as I do not have the source in the installer, and I cannot type it as the keyboard is not working.

what about in settings-general-keyboard check how many keyboards you have enabled

I have only the English UK enabled.

so, should I go for a full restore? if so, what to do?

restore to 1.1.1 or I can directly restore to 1.1.2 then jailbreak and unlock?

Quote Originally Posted by kim1406 View Post
    so, should I go for a full restore? if so, what to do?

restore to 1.1.1 or I can directly restore to 1.1.2 then jailbreak and unlock?
    I second this question.

I have upgraded to 1.1.1 okto prep then up to 1.1.2 and jailbreaked then unlocked for use with a NZ Sim Card.

I got stuck on the Apple Logo and needed to restore. Not wanting to bugger the phone I went the long way.. Downgrade to 1.1.1 > Jailbreakme.com > Baseband Downgrader > Okto Prep> Upgrade to 1.1.2 > Jailbreak > Anysim to unlock.

Is this required? Is it possible to just do a restore (to 1.1.2) in itunes or will this wipe all oktoprep etc and block the phone being unlocked??

Quote Originally Posted by dane.pablecheque View Post
    I second this question.

I have upgraded to 1.1.1 okto prep then up to 1.1.2 and jailbreaked then unlocked for use with a NZ Sim Card.

I got stuck on the Apple Logo and needed to restore. Not wanting to bugger the phone I went the long way.. Downgrade to 1.1.1 > Jailbreakme.com > Baseband Downgrader > Okto Prep> Upgrade to 1.1.2 > Jailbreak > Anysim to unlock.

Is this required? Is it possible to just do a restore (to 1.1.2) in itunes or will this wipe all oktoprep etc and block the phone being unlocked??
    I have already done the full restore following this guide:

http://hackint0sh.org/forum/showthread.php?t=16648

the only thing I did not need to do is the unlock as the iphone is already unlocked. Good luck.

SO in other words you ended up going down to 1.1.1 then back up to 1.1.2 again??

Thats what I did when I faced the problem to be safe and worked it out in my head without following a guide - but I was really hoping it is possible to just restore to 1.1.2 without the need to go down to come back up.

Quote Originally Posted by dane.pablecheque View Post
    SO in other words you ended up going down to 1.1.1 then back up to 1.1.2 again??

Thats what I did when I faced the problem to be safe and worked it out in my head without following a guide - but I was really hoping it is possible to just restore to 1.1.2 without the need to go down to come back up.
    yes, exactly I downgraded to 1.1.1 then jailbreak and update to 1.1.2.