Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: pretty bad iphone problem

Default pretty bad iphone problem
    my iPhone's handset speaker doesnt work, speakerphone does but not normal phone and neither does the mic, but the mic works on speakerphone.
    Also when i type no click sounds even though its not on silent mode.
    I have an unlocked iphone with t-mobile so my warranty is now void.
    I tried restoring and jailbreaking and upgrading again, same problem.
    Any ideas?

It seems to be a setting problem and not the hardware problem. So check you phone setting with cool mind then you will get the solution.
    Visit My Blog
    PSP Free Downloads

iPhone? More like MyPhone nhba74's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Try cleaning the connector port
    I had a similar problem...have you tried cleaning the connector port? Sometimes dirt and dust gets in there. I used Dust Off and it was fine. Hope this helps.

I have an unlocked iphone with t-mobile so my warranty is now void.
    No one's warranty is voided. You can always restore the phone and get it warrantied. Apple are being bastards about requiring an AT&T phone number so worst case is you need to set up a go plan for $50 for one month only and then cancel it after your phone is returned working.
    -BigBoss
    Please do not send me messages here as I never check them. If you need to contact me, send me an email. My contact info is easy to find from inside Cydia.

trying plugging in your headphones and press play on the iphone then press stop on iphone and then unplug and see if that fixes it

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BigBoss View Post
    No one's warranty is voided. You can always restore the phone and get it warrantied. Apple are being bastards about requiring an AT&T phone number so worst case is you need to set up a go plan for $50 for one month only and then cancel it after your phone is returned working.
    Bypassing legal requirements does not mean your Warranty remains. Everyone on this site who has modded their phone now has a void warranty. Don't play semantics.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurisko View Post
    Bypassing legal requirements does not mean your Warranty remains. Everyone on this site who has modded their phone now has a void warranty. Don't play semantics.
    will i find that in apps,,, under games thx

well i have the same problem and i did the restore also and same problem was happening. i get a message saying the accessory does not work with iphone message and do you want to turn on airplane made to reduce audio interferance and i loose my ipod function

try plugging in your headphones and seeing if you can hear anything that way. then unplug them. I had the same prob.

Your gonna have to swallow some pride here. It is a hardware problem. You are going to have to restore your phone and take it in to Apple. Most likely they will replace the unit with no questions asked. Just keep your trap shut about unlocking the phone while your there.

GenghisPhlip

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Eurisko View Post
    http://images.apple.com/legal/warranty/docs/iphone.pdf

That is Apple's warranty policy on the iPhone, direct from Apple.com
    Technically it doesn't speak of phones modified by software. It does speak of DAMAGE CAUSED to phones by modified software/hardware. hence, if you have the phone in a restored state without any defects and it is working properly in this state, you are not voiding the warranty. The warranty is only voided (by software) when two criteria are met:
    1. There is third party software modification
    2. This third party software modification has caused damage to the phone

No semantics, just clear English. This probably means that Apple stores have turned down and blacklisted many serials wrongly. Chances of persuing any legal action against such blacklisting are probably still slim Ias their lawyers will use semantics against us )
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings