Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: My Home Screen Is Gone!

Angry My Home Screen Is Gone!
    After using iFlickr, my iphone locked up. I did a soft reset (home+power) and when it powered up again, every icon on the home screen was gone!

I've restarted the phone many times but no luck. All of the functions are still there:

1. Phone rings and I can answer.
    2. Double clicking the home button brings up my ipod (works)
    3. Recieved SMS's can be viewed and sent.

All of these programs can be used but once I exit the app and go back to the home screen that's it!

Phone is 1.1.1 upgraded to 1.1.2 unlocked and jailbroken. I don't want to have to restore the phone and start all over.

Any ideas??

Sounds like your display order plist file is hosed. Do you have ssh access? If so, you can SSH into the phone then load installer with this command: /Applications/Installer.app/Installer.
    Add my repository: http://sleepers.net/iphonerepo
    Then install the package in the "tweaks" category called "Stock 1.1.1/1.1.2 Display". After installing this, reboot the phone. If that was the problem it will work. If not, you should probably just restore.
    -BigBoss
    Please do not send me messages here as I never check them. If you need to contact me, send me an email. My contact info is easy to find from inside Cydia.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to BigBoss For This Useful Post:

DobyTheDoggy (2008-01-13)

Quote Originally Posted by BigBoss View Post
    Sounds like your display order plist file is hosed. Do you have ssh access? If so, you can SSH into the phone then load installer with this command: /Applications/Installer.app/Installer.
    Add my repository: http://sleepers.net/iphonerepo
    Then install the package in the "tweaks" category called "Stock 1.1.1/1.1.2 Display". After installing this, reboot the phone. If that was the problem it will work. If not, you should probably just restore.

I'm sure I can figure out how to "SSH" into the phone. Which program do you recommend to do that? I have Brickr and I'm running on WinXP. Thank for your help so far.

Doby

It worked!! You are the man! Thank you and I will be clocking the thank button as well!!
    Last edited by DobyTheDoggy; 2008-01-13 at 01:23 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

With Windows I recommend WinSCP !
    If I help you out, help me out by clicking the button

Can you give us a screenshot? I think I might have had the same exact thing, where for the moment, I actually turned my iPhone into a blank springboard iPod Touch. My problem was my m68ap.plist file. I left </array> in and it really f'ed things up. Not to hard to fix though especially when you have dock.

Hey, I just did something similar to this... I updated my 16 GB V1 iphone to 3.0 and did the redsn0w jailbreak. Well... when I restored the phone I did it from the backup... well my preferences app was in Bossprefs which is now gone from my phone and I can't see preferences anywhere because Poof had made it previously invisible... It is still in the directory when i view the files via diskaid. I was going to download Poof from cydia and see if I couldn't make it visible that way, but cydia was ALSO in a Categories folder which is now gone so I can't see that one EITHER! It too is in the directory... any help? I'm on a windows...