Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Whr would all the first gen's go

Default Whr would all the first gen's go
    From what i understand apple is givin free upgrade to 3G to first gen iPhone owners who've bought the phone within a specific period.. Wht my question is .. where would all the returned first gen iPhones go?
    Refurb's ??

its back to the apple warehouse to be referb. and then shipped back out to apple stores everywhere. their not just going to throw them in the trash =P

and yes there is a free upgrade for those who bought within a month or 2 before the release of the 3g

now im just curious as to why u would ask sucha question

Quote Originally Posted by movalwebmaster View Post
    its back to the apple warehouse to be referb. and then shipped back out to apple stores everywhere. their not just going to throw them in the trash =P
    Quite obvious they are not gonna throw them into thrash

Y i asked this question is cuz... i would be more than happy to pick up a few refurb's at a lower price.
    3g's not gonna be tht useful here in India.. with not so technically advanced service providers

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by movalwebmaster View Post
    Don't think they would be selling 1st Gen refurbs at a store, but most likely using them as replacement units. And of course there's still plenty of places around the world who don't have 3G.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

Quote Originally Posted by meetidnani View Post
    Quite obvious they are not gonna throw them into thrash

Y i asked this question is cuz... i would be more than happy to pick up a few refurb's at a lower price.
    3g's not gonna be tht useful here in India.. with not so technically advanced service providers

ah i see, didnt think about that, lol.......yea im going to have to go with the mod. on this one(because the only time i go in the apple store is to get a new iphone because the old one took a crap....lol..thankfully its got warranty, otherwise i'd literally be sh*tting bricks, rofl)

if you want to get a few good/cheap iphones, try checking several places, one being here on MMI, on the home page of the forums theres a place to buy/sell and people are always doing it, theres ebay(deff. not recommended) or craigslist(not sure if its in your area)...those are just a few ex.

they will use them for replacements.