Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Quick question about surfing the internet on iPhones vs iPod Touch

Default Quick question about surfing the internet on iPhones vs iPod Touch
    I was looking at Rogers (Canadian phone company) website, and saw that they charge for surfing the web on the iPhone, while surfing on the iPod Touch is free. What's the difference between the internet surfing on the two? With the iPhone, are you able to surf the web over your phone company's network (i.e. anywhere with phone service) with the iPhone, rather than just a nearby wireless network (like the iPod Touch)? What if you don't pay the web-surfing fee; can you still surf the web on nearby WiFi networks?

Sorry if this is a stupid question.

surfing wifi on the iPhone is free because you dont use the companys connection

Ah. So the monthly data fee I saw at Rogers was to use the company connection?

correct, you are paying the cell company to use there wireless conection whether it be edge org 3G

Any other common fees associated with iPhones, besides the usual phone plans? I'm thinking of making the switch if a 32GB iPhone ever gets made.

Well in the US besides phone fees, data plan, and texting........No. I would assume Canada is the same.
    If I helped you please hit the THANKS button