Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: I hate to ask for help but could someone be so kind to?

What's Jailbreak? thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,002 Times in 564 Posts

Default I hate to ask for help but could someone be so kind to?
    I got my 3G iphone today and ATT took my sim card out of my iphone and put it in my iphone 3G.

I wanted to use my first gen iphone for movies, free games from the app store and as a ipod but I am not able to get past the screen that says

No sim card installed, Insert and unlocked and valid SIM to activate iPhone then when I slide the slider I get the emergency call screen and that is it....

Att said I should be able to still use it for what I want but can't at this time. They said I should be able to plug it in and sync it.....but now my computer is synced to my new iphone 3G...

Any help would be appreciated very much so as to how I can still use it for the things mentioned above... or am I tough out of luck?

Thanks

??? Thats odd, when I got mine they used the "pre" installed simcard that came with the 3G and left the simcard in my old iphone. Where is the one that came in your 3G???? If you have it, just throw it in there.

Or use Pwnage to jailbreak/activate it.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to cpjr For This Useful Post:

thetoothfairy (2008-07-23)

Thanks

Hi

I do not know what they did with the one that came with the 3G phone... all I know is they took it out of my first gen iphone and put it in the 3G phone...

Was I supposed to have both? Because I will call them tomorrow and tell them I can not access my first gen iphone now....

Go to iFixit.com and they have sim cards for $15 then put that thing in and you're good to go

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Casetay For This Useful Post:

thetoothfairy (2008-07-23)

Thanks

Thanks so much guys!