Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Restore iPhone backups?

My iPhone is a Part of Me MattMac's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Restore iPhone backups?
    I recently restored my iPhone back to version 1.1.1 so I could re-update it to 1.1.2. After the restore it asked if i wanted to create a new iPhone back on itunes or restore my old back up. I clicked create new, because I was doing the process on my old WinXP computer. I had been syncing my iPhone to new Mac and assumed that when I plugged it back into it after the update i would have the option again... but, alas, I was wrong... =[
    If anyone has any help for me to restore the old back up to my phone would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance,
    Matt

P.S. I was doing the restore and update on my Windows computer because I knew what i was doing on there, still getting used to me MacBook. =]

I'm sorry to say, but I think you're screwed. Now, I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure the iTunes backups are created using a unique ID key from your phone. When you told it to create new, it *overwrote* your old backup with your new one. The data is gone.
    -BigBoss
    Please do not send me messages here as I never check them. If you need to contact me, send me an email. My contact info is easy to find from inside Cydia.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to BigBoss For This Useful Post:

MattMac (2008-01-14)