Hi,

I've been an ATT customer for many many years, and a few years ago, ATT gave me a discount on my plan as well as some bonus minutes. As I understood it, if I signed up for an iPhone plan, I would likely lose the discount and bonus minutes.

Therefore, I bought a refurbished iPhone a few months ago and got the Media Net Unlimited data plan. The data worked fine for checking my Yahoo and Gmail accounts, but I was unable to set up my work email, which used Microsoft Exchange.

After the unlocking option for the 2.0 firmware was released (see this article), I spent a few hours upgrading my unlocked/jailbroken 1st generation iPhone to the 2.0 firmware.

I was also able to set up my work email successfully (I think). However, I am not receiving any emails nor am I able to send any outgoing emails. I am still receiving emails via Yahoo and Gmail, so I am not sure what the problem is.

I am thinking that it might be one of two things: (1) there's something wrong with my work mail settings (although I was able to set up the account properly) or (2) there's some conflict between the Media Net data plan and Microsoft Exchange.

I just wanted to know if anyone out there with a similar situation (Microsoft Exchange with Media Net) has been able to set up an Exchange mail account successfully.