Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Super easy way to put ringtones on ur iphone

Talking Super easy way to put ringtones on ur iphone
    Im not sure if anyone has tried this before but im posting this cuz i have readin the prev posts and no one has metioned it yet
    I have tried this and it works with no probs for me
    So here it is..

U goto ur installer app on ur phone while connected to wifi and got to "multimedia" select and download the app "sendsong" after that make sure the song u want to use in itunes lib has an "artist name" in that field and if not that just put watever there just make sure u sync the phone back up with ur new info if not already.

The mp3 song on ur iPhone that u wish to use as ur ringtone has to be the valid file type (MPEG2 LAYER3) u can see this info in itunes lib by right clicking get info on the file ** meaning that all the songs in ur iphone u might not be able to make as a ringtone but like 95% of the files work **

After that then goto the app on ur main screen on the phone and select the song u wish to use and click on it and then select "set as ringtone" then u exit that app and goto ur ringtones and it will be there.

When u goto ur ringtones and u clcik once on the ringtone and u dont hear the song play a preview then this file will not work as ur ringtone.If u dont hear nothing then that file is not the valid format and will not work just try going back to the "sendsong" app and select another one and make sure in that same app that u click on the top left where it say "ringtones" and delete the first one that u tried that didnt work and now go back to ur ringtones and try it again and make sure u hear ur song play just like it does for all the other ringtones in that folder....
    Ihad to figure that out by myself

After u find a song that u can hear a preview of then ur okay, just get out of there and power off ur iPhone and start it back up and ur goto goooo!!

Let me kno if this post helped u guys out

GT_DRIFT
    Last edited by gt_drift; 2008-01-11 at 08:29 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to gt_drift For This Useful Post:

hjmk (2008-01-12)

although that was a bit painful to read, it definitely was helpful. thanks

There's an easier, faster way to make ringtones for the iPhone.

- Use any audio editing software (eg. Audacity) to make a 30 second ringtone of the song of your choice and save as an mp3 file.

-Add it to iTunes. Right click and select "Convert selection to AAC".

- Delete the original one from iTunes.

-Now right click the new one and click "Open in Windows Explorer".

-Change the extension from .m4a to .m4r (You might have to go to Tools -> Folder Options -> View and uncheck the "Hide known extensions" feature)

-Now delete that file from iTunes. Browse to the folder where the ringtone is and add it to iTunes.

-Sync your iPhone...and woilah!

It sounds long, but is very easy.

what if it dosent sync with your phone? like it dosent show it on my phone for me

hey guys first off-- thanks for this thread it works awesome, though i just edit the lrngth of my tones in itunes.

I have a question though, all of the ringtones i make are 30 seconds long exactly, but when my phone rings it only rings for like 20 or so seconds...is there a way to make my phone ring for a full 30 seconds???

--Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by blakehansen24 View Post
    hey guys first off-- thanks for this thread it works awesome, though i just edit the lrngth of my tones in itunes.

I have a question though, all of the ringtones i make are 30 seconds long exactly, but when my phone rings it only rings for like 20 or so seconds...is there a way to make my phone ring for a full 30 seconds???

--Thanks.
    it only rings for 20 seconds cuz thats how long people would wait for you to answer!!! and if you dont answer in 20 sec, the are forwarded to the voicmail!!!! and you can't do anything about it!!

Wrong section..
    Proud MMi Retired Moderator.

I think i have the easiest one!!!

i use ringtone maker, you just edit the song you want, make it 30 sec, 1 minute, 2 minute or whatever and then you just connect your iphone and it just syncs like itunes

it doesnt take a couple minutes!!!!!!!

BUT its not free which sucks!!! its 10$$$$!!!

Default Iphone ringtones free
    Step1
    Open iTunes.

Step2
    Find the song that you want to make into a ringtone.

Step3
    Listen to the song and find the part of it you want to use. The chorus may be a good place to start.

Step4
    Write down the start and stop times of the clip.

Step5
    Right-click the song and select "Get Info."

Step6
    Click the "Options" tab.

Step7
    Type in the start time of your ringtone in the text box next to "Start Time" in the minutes:seconds (i.e. 2:01) format.

Step8
    Type in the end time of your ringtone in the text box next to "Stop Time." Make sure the ringtone is no more than 40 seconds long.

Step9
    Click "OK".

Step10
    Right-click your song again and select "Convert Selection to AAC". Wait for iTunes to convert your song. It will create a duplicate version.

Step11
    Right-click the ringtone and select "Delete".

Step12
    Click on the "Keep Files" button.

Step13
    Find the file. It's usually in your User folder under Music > iTunes > iTunes Music and under the band's name. It will have an extension of "m4a."

Step14
    Replace the "m4a" extension of your ringtone with "m4r". You can either double-click slowly to re-name your file, or right-click and select "Get Info" on a Mac or "Rename" on a Windows PC.

Step15
    Click "Use .m4r" or the PC equivalent when the system warns you that the change may affect the use of your file.

Step16
    Double-click the ringtone file. ITunes will automatically add it to your ringtones folder in your iTunes Music Library.

Step17
    Connect your iPhone

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Spyder2812 For This Useful Post:

Monpraon (2009-04-14)

Thanks

why have you dug up a thread that is over a year old?

Because it works. !

Moving this to General iPhone Chat

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

please dont post to old threads

now you got me doing it!
    Last edited by StealthBravo; 2009-03-24 at 06:12 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost