Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: AT&T SUCKS! My iPhone 3g story.

Angry AT&T SUCKS! My iPhone 3g story.
    Ok so I went to get an iPhone 3g today and the whole state of Oklahoma is out!!! So they tell me I can order one and it will be here in 10-21 days. So I said sure because I wanted it really bad, so i sat down and started to order it and she ask my number and puts it in the computer and then tells me it says im not eligible. I told her I had the first gen iphone and it should work, and she agreed and went to get her manager to bypass it. So then she comes back and tells me it is an error in the system and my number must have got skipped while they was updating the system and that she would try to get it fixed. So now she took down my number and is supposed to call me when they fix it, then I have to drive 30 minutes back there to order it, then wait 10-21 more days after that!!!! So now it is going to be like a month before i get it now!!! I am so upset! Stupid AT&T

So let me guess.. you had an iPhone 2G, sold it, replaced the IMEI with whatever it is your using now & pissed that the system won't allow you to upgrade at the discounted price. Right? If I'm correct your SOL. Mgmt won't do a damn thing about it. You will either have to wait until you are eligible, add a line or buy it at the $399/499 price.

Its not AT&Ts fault Apple isn't keeping them stocked. Even the Apple stores are out. Apple should have been more ready for this.
    Black iPhone 4 32gb. MacBook Pro (but still have a Gateway Desktop running Windows 7 Professional)

Quote Originally Posted by hozay09 View Post
    So let me guess.. you had an iPhone 2G, sold it, replaced the IMEI with whatever it is your using now & pissed that the system won't allow you to upgrade at the discounted price. Right? If I'm correct your SOL. Mgmt won't do a damn thing about it. You will either have to wait until you are eligible, add a line or buy it at the $399/499 price.
    No i still have the iphone 2g I never changed phones or anything, the sim card has not once been moved from this phone.. The computer is even showing I have the iPhone but not showing that I can upgrade. It is dumb!

And yes I understand the fact that AT&T does not have any more in stock is apples fault, but the fact that they can't let me order one because the system is messed up is their fault! She told me I could pay full price and they would just give me the exta 200 back when the iPhone came in, but I didn't have the money.