Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: While charging iPhone no response from screen

Default While charging iPhone no response from screen
    Ok I have bought 3-rd party iPod chargers of eBay (as I am in EU and my iP had a USA wall charger in the box) and I am using them with the iPhone. I have noticed the following though, while using the wall charger:

Although it charges the iPhone from empty to full in about 2.5 hours, the screen is more or less disabled while plugged in. I can see the "slide to unlock" but I cannot slide it (I try but it does not respond)! The strange thing is that is charges properly, and fully, so no problem with that, but I just cannot use the phone while charging. If I unplug it, it goes back to normal, everything is ok.

This does not happen if I simply use the usb cable and charge it from my laptop, but I do not have my laptop withme all the time.

Anyone else experiencing this? Any suggestions? could it be that my charger is UK 3-pin so I also have to use an adaptor to change it to 2-pin EU-Greek style fuse?

i think you're better off (and a lot more safer) with finding an adapter for the original (US) wall charger for your iPhone.

i've read stories that some iPod chargers and connectors were not safe for the iPhone.

an adapter for the US charger shouldn't be that hard to find in a electric appliance store methinks.

something like this:
    Last edited by caelis666; 2008-01-10 at 03:44 PM.

will do very soon I just thought it is a strange behaviour and wanted to report it here in case someone else has experienced it also...

thanx for your prompt reply