Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: edge / wifi problem

Default edge / wifi problem
    Hi guys, i am using a 1.1.2 iphone and i have to set the dns to 208.67.222.222, 208.67.220.220 to get my wifi to work at home. Once that is set all works fine. I then get edge working by adding the files to the phone and that also then works fine. Once i have the edge settings on though it changes the wifi dns back to the origional one so i can no longer use wifi, when i try changing it to 208.67.222.222, 208.67.220.220 it will not save it. So at the moment i can either have wifi and no edge or edge and no wifi.

Any suggestions?

cheers

Thanks

Try resetting your router. I had a similar issue with a laptop and found that if I put in a static IP/ open DNS it would connect. I recently had a similar problem with a new system one of my son's built and after spending a day trying to get it connected to the network, we discovered there was an IP conflict and we reset the router.

What happens if you have several PC's on your network is that the routher assigns IP's as they go on. In my house they usually go on in the same order but I noticed connectivity issues on weekends when my kids might turn one of their systems on before ours.

Alternatively you could try shutting down all your systems including your iPhone and then turning them back on one at a time.

Another issue might be the the security encryption you are using but I have found that my iPhone works fine with both WPA-persona (TKIP) and WPA-2 (mixed)