Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: girlfriends iphone in toilet and it works again!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default girlfriends iphone in toilet and it works again!
    so my g/f dropped her 1st gen iphone in the toilet the other day and i told her "do not turn it on! and if it is on then turn it off!!!!" she does a hard reset thinking she is turning off and i'm like that resets it and it comes back on you!!! you iiidiot.
    anyway she starts crying and i'm like wtf whatever now you can get the 3g for 200. shes like i paid 400 for this and now i have to pay 200 a year later.... the tears are just streaming!
    so i take the phone home to see what i can do and i break out the hair drier and start drying all the while it keeps turning on and doing some wacky stuff. i get it dry and try a f/w restore and she calls and says i just bought the 3g... so i'm like WTF! you cry about spending more $ and here i am trying to fix it... on top of that she orders the white one! pays 300 instead of 200 saying the lady talked her into it.
    well i fixed her 1st gen and it works fine and she said if I fixed it she would give me the 3g!!!!! fingers crossed.... thats my rant, girls are stupid! i cant believe it works though! the water damage wasnt that bad i suppose but she said it was in there for 10secs.

iPhone? More like MyPhone iRoach74's Avatar
    Thanks
    thats a cute story. i wish i had a girlfriend...

Thanks

lmao. well when you have a g/f you wish you didnt and when you dont, you wish you did, or at least thats me.

I hope there was nothing brown in the toilet with the iphone and the water wasn't yellow. (lol) I dropped my razor in a toilet also. Once I got it out I completely took it apart or as much as I could and dried it out for an hour or two and it worked too all exept the cameria never liked to work after that but the phone still worked good.

iPhone? More like MyPhone AKA_Ben's Avatar
    Thanks

@unlockme - haha, I couldn't agree more :P

Thanks

@mastercyberjedi: couple years ago i went swimming twice in the same summer with my razr in my pocket! i did the same, opened it and let it dry until there was no more condensation (almost a week) on the screen, only then was i brave enough to turn it on, but it worked!

@AKA_Ben: i knew i wasnt alone on that.

any girls on here wanna get set up with iRoach74?

i hope there wasnt pee in the toilet when she took it out. Or even worse, numba 2.

Anyways, make sure you download ibrate and give it back to her. I know my gf LOVES that app.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LinuxChild View Post
    i hope there wasnt pee in the toilet when she took it out. Or even worse, numba 2.

Anyways, make sure you download ibrate and give it back to her. I know my gf LOVES that app.
    ROFLMAO!

she said it fell out of her pocket when she was flushing no.1. i was thinking about that when i was shaking it and water kept coming out!

iPhone? More like MyPhone Bleeditout2130's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by unlockme View Post
    lmao. well when you have a g/f you wish you didnt and when you dont, you wish you did, or at least thats me.
    Haha, some days....

After more than a year of me having an iPhone and my girlfriend being secretly jealous, she is finally planning on getting one.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

Did it have poo on it?

Thanks

I dropped a V3xx in the toilet, while talking on it via my BT headset. Kinda weird, looking down in the toilet seeing my phone at the bottom and talking to my GF on it at the same time! LOL. Luckily, I hadn't gone yet, so I reached in and rescued it, pulled the battery in mid-sentence and disassembled it to dry. Two days later, works fine. I still have it as a backup to my iPhone.
    Apples taste good.

put ur hands in poop to get an iPhone... how many of u would do it>??

Livin the iPhone Life seann33uk's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by meetidnani View Post
    put ur hands in poop to get an iPhone... how many of u would do it>??
    HELL yeh, lmfao
    Being an i can be a lot of pressure. you have to live right up to the small point.

lol!! I like the story but why would your GF give you her new 3G Iphone with GPS and all instead of her 1st gen Iphone? I mean she has already spent the money and all.........does not make any sense on the other hand.....lucky you!!!!
    Last edited by swifty7; 2008-07-22 at 03:39 PM.

OMGOMG. Slap your g/f. Tell her to treat her iPhone with more respect.
    "Count your blessings. Make your blessings count!"

Is that an iPhone in your pocket?

Thanks

no poo in it that I know of. I already have an iPhone and I use data and she doesn't so she do t really need a 3g. Only reason she really likes her iPhone now is cuz she likes the SMS on it. And she does take pretty good care of it but it fell out of her pocket when she got off the pot,(bloop!). Oh and I would only put my hands in my own poop to get an iPhone out the toilet.

Thanks

I accidentally washed my son's razr twice when he forgot it in his pocket. I refuse to check pockets. I took it apart, soaked the motherboard in alcohol and let everything dry out. First time, everything worked except the USB port would not let it be recognized by the PC and teh speaker was shot. I happened to have a broken razr that we found in the street and never could locate its owner I swapped the motherboards and bought a replacement speaker. Everything great unti the next time. This time I did everything the same and it all seemed to work fine. Took a few weeks for teh speaker not to crap out and do weird things though. Its the family "backup phone" now.

Quote Originally Posted by bhz1 View Post
    I accidentally washed my son's razr twice when he forgot it in his pocket. I refuse to check pockets. I took it apart, soaked the motherboard in alcohol and let everything dry out. First time, everything worked except the USB port would not let it be recognized by the PC and teh speaker was shot. I happened to have a broken razr that we found in the street and never could locate its owner I swapped the motherboards and bought a replacement speaker. Everything great unti the next time. This time I did everything the same and it all seemed to work fine. Took a few weeks for teh speaker not to crap out and do weird things though. Its the family "backup phone" now.
    U could do well as a repair guy here in India