Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: WTH! I'm having a lot of problems after upgrading to 2.0 ! My list here..

Default WTH! I'm having a lot of problems after upgrading to 2.0 ! My list here..
    I had a 1.1.4 iphone, jailbroked and unlocked with ZiPhone...
    Then i used the windows method to upgrade to 2.0 but...
    I'm having a lot of annoying problems:

1. Everytime i'm using the phone, surfing the web or whatever, a message appears telling something like "network lost, go to settings, blah blah"
    It is very annoying cause it appears like once every 3 minutes using the phone!

2. I usually have the ring volume at 100% , but the most of the times , i use the phone just a little bit and then go to the volume settings and the volume bar goes automatically to like 30, 40% volume!

3. When I have the airplane mode ON, and the wi fi turned off... and I turn airplane mode OFF, the wi fi gets automatically turned on too! And that is obviously not right cuz i don't want to be wasting battery!

4. And finally.... i had a restart... And i didn't even touch the power button!

I'm very stressed cuz i thought i was gonna be better after the upgrade, but i'm not, and i have been just 1 day with 2.0 firmware !!

My iPhone is a Part of Me zsuns's Avatar
    Thanks

Before you upgraded, you did restore back to the original 1.1.4 firmware, right?
    A Thanks is always nice =]

Quote Originally Posted by zsuns View Post
    Before you upgraded, you did restore back to the original 1.1.4 firmware, right?
    No! I didn't cause i thought it wasn't necessary because the 2.0 firmware erases everything, right?
    Could that be the cause of all the problems?

Thanks

Most likely is.
    Yeah you were suppost to restore back to the original 1.1.4 firmware, leaving you with a fresh clean new iPhone, then upgrade.

read the instruction next time before complaining

So... what should i do?
    Restore to the original 1.1.3 firmware, then upgrade to 1.1.4, use ziphone to jailbreak again... to be able to use BootNeuter...
    And then upgrade to 2.0 once again ?

Quote Originally Posted by vietxnameze View Post
    read the instruction next time before complaining
    Thank you polite guy
    Last edited by Emmanuel; 2008-07-21 at 09:58 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Well to be honest i don't know what to do from here, i suggest looking around the how to guides in the Wiki forums and see if you cant find anything.

restore to a fresh version of 1.1.4 and upgrade it straight to 2.0

You've got yourself screwed now. You have to go through a process to downgrade to 1.1.4 now. There's no just fresh restoring from 2.0 to 1.1.4. I don't know what you're talking about 1.1.3 for, that's completely irrelevant.

Use this guide to downgrade to 1.1.4
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/general...0-1-1-4-a.html

then this guide to upgrade to 2.0
    Step by Step Guide to JailBreak iPhone 3G using Windows - iPhone Hacks

Just wait for winpown to be released. When it is released put your phone in DFU mode and use itunes to restore to the latest 2.0 software. The phone will be locked / JB...

Then use winpown to unlock it and jb...

I was running pwned 1.1.4. I boonereured and installed custom 2.0 firmware using windows. I have gotten nothing but problems, slow responses, freezes etc...
    I honestly thing 2.0 is buggy as hell, i was just talking to my friend an hour ago over drinks, he has the 3G and he complains of the same problems as me and the original poster.

i had unlocked 114 (ziphoned); I wanted to upgrade to 2.0.
    I searched around and everyone suggested that I have restore again to 114 using pwnage tool... and then they have the instruction on how to upgrade to 2.0 using windows....
    just search on how to restore to 114 using winpwn,, if you still need help, let me know and i'll give you the how to guide sites.
    I am at work right now and dont have them.

Also once you restore your phone back to 2.0. Start it as a new account, instead of restoring when iTunes ask you say. You really shouldn't complain, when you did research the methods. Given the 2.0 does have its bug, however not as you experienced.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Atokadd's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Emmanuel View Post
    So... what should i do?
    Restore to the original 1.1.3 firmware, then upgrade to 1.1.4, use ziphone to jailbreak again... to be able to use BootNeuter...
    And then upgrade to 2.0 once again ?

Thank you polite guy
    Are you serious?
    Did you listen to anything people said?
    First off.
    NEVER USE ZIPHONE, IT CAUSES PROBLEMS, JUST, NEVER DO IT.
    EVER.
    This is what you do.
    Restore the iphone for fw 1.1.4. THATS IT.
    THAN use the guide to upgrade to 2.0.

Simple.
    HAVE I HELPED YOU? Thank me!