Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone screen problem

Default Iphone screen problem
    I have an 8gb iphone that I upgraded to 1.1.2 couple of months ago but I am now facing a problem with my screen. The lower part of the screen does not detect the touch anymore, the upper part works fine though. If I try to turn off the iphone the slide power off works fine but when the iphone is in standby I can't get to main page and I can't do any manipulation with the lower part of the screen. Neither to say I can't use my iphone. I need help!!!! Since I unlocked my iphone I do have the installer and many other third party applications, so i can't just go to the apple store and ask them to have a look unless I find a way to remove them without the touch screen. I did unlocked the iphone thru the att go plan so I do have an att activated sim even if my main carrier is t-mobile. Please tell me what to do. Thanks.
    Last edited by aziz; 2008-01-09 at 07:36 PM. Reason: i made a duplicate by mistake

iPhone? More like MyPhone iGotTheRiteTemp's Avatar
    Thanks

This is not a result of jailbreak and any installed apps you may have, its a hardware problem. Try restoring your phone in itunes, if that doesnt work then take it to apple and see about replacement (you wont have any of your apps you installed via installer anymore because you restored)

wow at least i wasn't the only one with this problem lol my phone started doing that like 2 months ago and tried to restore it and fortunately it got bricked i sent it to apple and i got a replacement try bricking yours