Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone broke? its stuck at the apple screen and loading sign

Default Iphone broke? its stuck at the apple screen and loading sign
    i recently tried to install the shirty city layout and when i did my phone just did the lil spinning/loading thing and it wouldnt stop... so i emergency restarted and now its stuck on that screen with the apple.... is the my only choice to restore and update and re unlock? please help ....i'm on 1.1.4
    Last edited by ldjamel; 2008-07-21 at 04:42 PM. Reason: update

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

do you have SSH installed and have it set to turn on when you restart/power on your phone? If so, you can SSH in and delete the last application you installed, otherwise, yes, you have to restore

same thing happen to me, I install some application, and it just freeze my iphone then I turn it off and power back on. after that it stuck on the apple screen , this is suck, maybe a virus that i install it on... is there anyway to fix it beside restore it again ? i gonna lose alot of stuffs on my iphone if there no choice..

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

it is not a virus. it most likely has something to do with the last application you installed that is preventing the springboard from loading. As mentioned, if you don't have SSH installed and turned on, you will need to restore

i didnt have ssh so i had to restore **** sucked... but i now have 2.0 and will prolly get that unlocked later this week after i read everyones response to it...