Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: POP3 Issues Can't verify account

Default POP3 Issues Can't verify account
    OK after a few troubles I managed to upgrade to 2 and Uunlock/jailbreak with Pwnage tool

Firmware 2 is what I've been waiting for, as I have several email accounts for serval businesses some running exchange others just standard pop3 stuff.

I set up exchange without a hitch in site, also added mobileMe pefect... brillant, this morning I've been trying to set the another email account up using POP3, input all the setting corrcetly,tap the save button, verifying account process begins, pop up with regards to secure certificat, tap yes to continue, it then just HANGS in verifying account!!!

Anyone any ideas, I search but to no avail, seems the questions has benn also asked over at apple, but with a jailbroken phone I though I'd ask here.

Thanks In advance

How long did you wait?

It can take up to 3 minutes!!!

As I don't seem to be able to create a new thread, I will add to this one as it is similar.
    I am not able to set up my POP3 email account on my iPhone 3GS
    When I save, it comes up with the msg Cannot connect using SSL and when I try setting without SSL it tells me it cannot get connected with my POP server. However, I can connect with Outlook 2003 at the same time.

When setting up, I have completed the requested info as follows:

I chose POP
    Name: Patrick
    Address: The email address I wish to download from
    Description: Same as address above
    INCOMING MAIL SERVER
    Host name: The same POP3 name I used to set up my Outlook 2003
    User name: patrick (the word before the @ on my email address)
    Password: My password (checked many times for correct spelling)
    OUTGOING MAIL SERVER
    Host name: The same SMTP name I use successfully in Outlook 2003
    I have left the User name and Password blank as these were optional.

What am I doing wrong? I am certain that I am spelling everything properly as I have input the above info many times.

Help please

Patrick