Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: NEW ...Frustrated... iPhone user :-(

Default NEW ...Frustrated... iPhone user :-(
    OK, so I have spent the last 36 hours trying to figure out how to install RAR games from my PC --vista OS-- to the iPhone (unlocked version 1.1.4). As a matter of fact I would be happy to be able to figure out how to transfer ANY games (other than that stuff on the installer) to the iPhone via ANY route (other than iTunes)!

It took me almost 7 hours to find the iRinger app for getting my ringtones to the iPhone... once I found, it it was simple as pie to get it done but that was after many frustrating hours and many useless apps to find that one one which worked!

So, to make an already long story short... is there any easy app or way to transfer my RAR games --already on my PC-- to the iPhone. Or, is there a website that I can download games directly to the iPhone. Would prefer the first since I already have the games I want but at this point I will do what it takes!!!

Thanks

First off dude, "rar" in a compressed format....you have to unzip the file using something like Winzip, to get the actual files.

Then SSH into the phone (I use WinSCP) and throw them on it where ever they need to go.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to cpjr For This Useful Post:

agr68j (2008-07-21)

Thanks for the info ...my bad... I download the games as RAR (format) ..obviously I already unzipped them to put on my other phones.

I will give this WINscp a try and see how it goes...