Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iphone 3G Audio Jack Help

Default iphone 3G Audio Jack Help
    Alright, so I was thinking about buying an iPhone 3g this week when a co-worker came in and had accidently gone swimming with his 16gb iphone that he got from the day before and it was not working, so he bought a new one and gave me this one. After I had received it I rushed home put it in the fridge and left it there for a couple of days, After this I pulled it apart and made sure that everything was dry and then I put it into a tupperware box of rice.

I turned it on a couple of days ago and it started working again, and it works flawlessly! Except for the fact that it things that headphones are connected to it. I tried the isopropyl alchohol trick with a Q-tip and i also even managed to disconnect the connection to the audio jack inside the phone to see if it would fix it. But no luck. I know that the only problem is the audio jack due to the fact that both the power button and volume buttons work great, also when you plug in headphones, you get sound.

Basically after this whole story I just would like to know if anyone knows where I can buy the Audio Jack/Power Button/ Volume assembly for the 3g iPhone. it would be a great amount of help so I can start using it as soon as the dev team gets them unlocked.

Looking for any help at all in where to find any spare 3g parts at the moment, or if anyone knows a temporary way to disable the headphone jack,

Thanks!