Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Things i need to know bout 3g iphone

Default Things i need to know bout 3g iphone
    Ok so I have the first gen Iphone now and I love it, but I plan on going tomorrow to the AT&T store and upgrade to the Iphone 3g but I first have a few questions:

1) Since I am not eligible for an upgrade since I singed a 2 year contract for my first Ipohne do I have to pay $399, or since I already have an Iphone do I get to upgrade for $199?

2) How much more monthly will it cost me? Right now I am on a family plan and I only pay $60 a month for unlimited data, unlimited text, and I share minutes or whatever w/ my family.. So how much more am I going to pay a month for the same options w/ the 3g Iphone?

3) And finally I was reading on the news forums about switching the sim cards from another AT&T account to the 3g Iphone and it working... So I was wandering if I do buy the new Iphone can I take out the sim card and put it in my first gen Iphone, go back to the $60 a month plan then take it out and put it back in my 3g Iphone and use it... Even if it does not still include the 3g coverage, because I live no where close to anywhere that has 3g coverage so I would not mind... I just don't want my bill to go up just because I want the new phone for GPS and battey life.

Thanks in advance, and sorry if any of these questions have been answered because I could not find them. So please if you are going to help me then thanks, and if not just I ask you don't even reply.

Please I really need to know before I drive 30 minutes tomorrow to go get my new phone... cus if it is to expensive to buy, or if my bill is going to be a lot more then I can't buy it now
    Last edited by mikey08; 2008-07-21 at 02:01 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

1. Since you own an old iPhone you automatically qualify for the 199/299 price

2.it should cost about 10 dollars more

3. No, when at&t upgrades your account your stuck with the new data plan for the remainder of your iPhones contract.
    Everytime you dont press THANKS god kills an iPhone(so please save zee the iPhones)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to rusty778 For This Useful Post:

mikey08 (2008-07-21)

Thanks a bunch! YAY! How exciting I can't wait